عنوان مقاله [English]
Sustainable management of a forest management unit requires adapting to international and national criteria and indices at the local level. In this study, criteria and indices of sustainability were determined and prioritized in Lirabi watershed of Ardal in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari province. According to the local condition, 6 criteria and 30 indices from the initial 10 criteria and 48 indices were selected. The results of weighting criteria showed that economic and social, conservation and protection functions are of greatest weight amongst the others. Amongst the indices, the following were determined to be of greatest importance: livestock management and its contribution to reduce damages, strengthening of protective forces, economic development and participatory afforestation, increasing the non-wood forest products, involving and equal rights of local communities in the benefits of forest, training the locals for alternative jobs and developing mechanisms for resolving conflicts between people and the Department of Natural Resources. The results of this study can be used as a guide to develop local criteria and indices.
- Anonymous, 2001. Expert choice for collaborative decision making. Available at: http://www.expertchoice.com/ (Verified 28 September 2001).
- Anonymous, 2008. Studies in Lirabi, Ardal Watershed, Ardal city. Department of Natural Resources of Ardal, 238p (In Persian).
- Baycheva-Merger, T. and Wolfslehner, B., 2016. Evaluating the implementation of the Pan-European criteria and indicators for sustainable forest management- A SWOT analysis. Ecological Indicators, 60: 1192-1199.
- Bosela, M., Larocque, G.R., Baycheva-Merger, T., Valbuena, R. and Lier, M., 2015. Criteria and indicators of sustainable forest management: 384-413. In: Larocque, G.R. (Ed.). Ecological Forest Management Handbook. CRC Press, USA, 604p.
- FAO, 1998. Practical Guidelines for Implementation of Criteria and Indicators for Sustainable Forest Management in the Near East. Development Forestry Network, Cairo, 17p.
- Fattahi, M., Ansari, N., Abbasi, H.M. and Khanhasani, M., 2000. Management of Zagros forests. Published by Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 471p (In Persian).
- Ghazanfari, H., 2003. Evaluation of growth and changes in distribution Quercus libani (case study: Havarekhol, Baneh). Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, 88p (In Persian).
- Grainger, A., 2012. Forest sustainability indicator systems as procedural policy tools in global environmental governance. Global Environmental Change, 22(1): 147-160.
- Haghsetan, A., Mahmoudi, B., Bakhtiari Lak, Sh. and Mohagheghi, M., 2014. Investigation of the effect of grazing on destruction of forests of southern Zagros. Proceedings of National Conference on Risks of Zagros Environment, Korramabad, 20 Feb. 2014: 23-34 (In Persian).
- Hunt, L. and Haider, W., 2001. Fair and effective decision making in forest management planning. Social Natural Resource, 14(8): 873-887.
- Imani Rastabi, M., Jalilvand, H. and Zandebasiri, M., 2015. Assessment of socio-economic criteria and indicators in monitoring of Kalgachi Lordegan forest management plan. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 23(2): 199-208 (In Persian).
- Islam, I., Siwar, C.S., Islamil, M. and Hidayah, N., 2010. Criteria and indicators for sustainable forest management in Malaysia. American Journal of Environmental Sciences, 6(3): 212-218.
- Jalilova, G., Khadka, Ch. and Vacik, H., 2012. Developing criteria and indicators for evaluating sustainable forest management: a case study in Kyrgyzstan. Forest Policy and Economics, 21(3): 32-43.
- Johnson, T., 1999. Community-based forest management in the Philippines. Journal of Forestry, 97(11): 26-30.
- Kazana, V., Kazaklis, A., Stamatiou, C., Koutsona, P., Boutsimea, A. and Fotakis, D., 2015. SWOT analysis and multiple criteria decision making methods for sustainable forest policy and management, a Greek case study. International Journal of Information and Decision Sciences, 7(1): 32-50.
- Khadka, Ch. and Vacik, H., 2012. Comparing a top-down and bottom-up approach in the identification on criteria and indicators for sustainable community forest management in Nepal. Forestry, 85(1): 10-22.
- Khosravi, S., Maleknia, R. and Khedrizadeh, M., 2014. Economic role of forests in rural livelihoods in northern Zagros. Journal of Forest Sustainable Development, 1(3): 250-268 (In Persian).
- Khosravi, S., Namiranian, M., Ghazanfari, H. and Shirvani, A., 2012. Crown biomass relationships of Lebanon oak in northern Zagros forests of Iran. Croatian Journal of Forest Engineering, 33(2): 239-247.
- Kurttila, M., Personen, M., Kangas, J. and Kajanus, M., 2000. Utilizing the analytical hierarchy process (AHP) in SWOT analysis- A hybrid method and its application to a forest- Certification case. Forest Policy and Economics, 1(2): 41-52.
- Maier, C., Lindner, T. and Winkel, G., 2014. Stakeholders’ perceptions of participation in forest policy: a case study from Baden-Württemberg. Land Use Policy, 39: 166-176.
- Maleknia, R., Feghhi, J., Makhdoum, M., Zobeiri, M. and Marvi Mohajer, M.R., 2014. Developing criteria and indicators framework for monitoring the sustainability of ecological functions of northern forests in forest management unit level (case study: Kheyroud forest of Nowshahr). Environmental Researches, 5(9): 137-146 (In Persian).
- Mendoza, G.A., and Prabhu, R., 2001. Criteria and indicators for sustainable forest management: a case study on participatory decision making: 115-129. In: Schmoldt, D., Kangas, J., Mendoza, G.A. and Pesonen, M. (Eds.). The Analytic Hierarchy Process in Natural Resource and Environmental Decision Making. Springer Netherlands, 307p.
- Mendoza, G.A. and Prabhu, R., 2003. Qualitative multi-criteria approaches to assessing indicators of sustainable forest resource management. Forest Ecology and Management, 174(1-3): 329-343.
- Pesonen, M., Kurttila, M., Kangas, J., Kajanus, M. and Heinonen, P., 2001. Assessing the priorities using A’WOT among resource management strategies at the Finnish forest and park service. Forestry, 47(5): 34-41.
- Sadeghi Kaji, H., Jafari, A. and Yarali, N., 2015. An assessment for forest management sustainability in Do-Polan district, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari province, Iran. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 23(3): 490-501 (In Persian).
- Soltani, A., Shamekhi, T., Noori Naieni, M.S. and Arabmazar, A., 2011. Effects of forest resources on income distribution and poverty (case study: watershed of Tang Tamoradi). Journal of Forest and Wood Products, 63(4): 369-385 (In Persian).
- Vierikko, K., Vehkamäki, S., Niemela, J., Pellikka, J. and Lindén, H., 2008. Meeting the ecological, social and economic needs of sustainable forest management at a regional scale. Forestry, 23(7): 431-44.
- Wang, S., 2004. One hundred face of sustainable forest management. Forest Policy and Economics, 6(13): 205-213.
- Zandebasiri, M. and Parvin, T., 2012. Investigation on importance of Near East process’s criteria and indicators on sustainable management of Zagros forests (case study: Tange Solak Watershedt, Kohgiloye and Boyer Ahmad province). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(2): 204-216 (In Persian).