عنوان مقاله [English]
Tecomella undulata (Roxb.) Seem. is an important evergreen plant species from different points of view. This species has important characteristics including resistance to high drought and temperature, sand fixation, medicinal properties, and durable wood. The objective of this study was to investigate the genetic diversity among 30 genotypes of the species collected from Bushehr, Kerman and Hormozgan provinces using molecular data obtained from SSR primers. DNA samples were extracted and used in PCR tests by applying microsatellite primers. After agarose gel electrophoresis of DNA Fragments, a totally 29 alleles were distinguished. In831 primer generated most locus. Results of cluster analysis using the UPGMA algorithm based on the Jaccard similarity coefficient categorized the genotypes into eight groups, indicating a high level of genetic diversity among the genotypes. Furthermore, observed and expected heterozygosity were estimated to be 0.4 and 0.29, respectively. Furthermore, the effective number of alleles ranged between 1.2 in the In831 gene to 1.81 in the Tau16 gene with average values of 1.51. These results showed that SSR markers are highly effective in determining the amount of genetic diversity in the population of T. undulata. The observed high diversity among the genotypes of the species showed a rich source of germplasm which can be used in breeding programs.
- Aghdaei, M., Salehi, H. and Sarmast, M.K., 2012. Effects of silver nanoparticles on Tecomella undulata (Roxb.) Seem. micropropagation. Advances in Horticultural Science, 26(1): 21-24.
- Alipoor, Sh., Taheri Abkenar, K., Asadi Abkenar, A. and Potki, P., 2015. Genetic diversity of European chestnut (Castanea sativa Mill.) in different populations of Guilan province using SSR markers. Iranian Journal of Forest, 7(3): 363-375 (In Persian).
- Bhau, B.S., Negi, M.S., Jindal, S.K., Singh, M. and Lakshmikumaran, M., 2007. Assessing genetic diversity of Tecomella undulata (Sm.) – An endangered tree species using amplified fragment length polymorphisms-based molecular markers. Current Science, 93(1): 67-72.
- Chhajer, S. and Kalia, R.K., 2016. Evaluation of genetic homogeneity of in vitro-raised plants of Tecomella undulata (Sm.) Seem. using molecular markers. Tree Genetics and Genomes, 12(5): 100.
- Chhajer, S. and Kalia, R.K., 2017. Seasonal and micro-environmental factors controlling clonal propagation of mature trees of marwar teak [Tecomella undulata (Sm.) Seem]. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 39: 60.
- Chhajer, S., Jukanti, A.K., Bhatt, R.K. and Kalia, R.K., 2018. Genetic diversity studies in endangered desert teak [Tecomella undulata (Sm) Seem] using arbitrary (RAPD), semi-arbitrary (ISSR) and sequence based (nuclear rDNA) markers. Trees, 32(4): 1083-1101.
- de Vienne, D., 2003. Molecular Markers on Plant Genetics and Biotechnology. Science Publishers, Enfield, New Hampshire, 235p.
- Farrokhi, J. and Naseri, L., 2012. Diversity survey of some Iranian native and exotic apples (Malus× domestica) cultivars using SSR markers. Agricultural Biotechnology, 2(2): 27-34 (In Persian).
- Jaccard, P., 1908. Nouvelles recherches sur la distribution florale. Bulletin de la Société Vaudoise des Sciences Naturelles, 44: 223-270 (In French).
- Mohammadi, S.A. and Prasanna, B.M., 2003. Analysis of genetic diversity in crop plants—Salient statistical tools and considerations. Crop Science, 43: 1235-1248.
- Mousavi, S.A., Fattahi Moghaddam, M.R., Zamani, Z., Tatari, M., Imani, A. and Martinez-Gomez, P., 2015. Genetic diversity and relationship of Iranian and exotic almond cultivars using microsatellite (SSR) markers. Seed and Plant Improvement Journal, 31(1): 25-53 (In Persian).
- Muchugi, A., Kadu, C., Kindt, R., Kipruto, H., Lemurt, S., Olale, K., Nyadoi, P., Dawson, I. and Jamnadass, R., 2008. Molecular Markers for Tropical Trees: A Practical Guide to Principles and Procedures. World Agroforestry Centre Inc., Gigiri, Nairobi, 89p.
- Ravi, M., Geethanjali, S., Sameeyafarheen, F. and Maheswaran, M., 2003. Molecular marker based genetic diversity analysis in rice (Oryza sativa L.) using RAPD and SSR markers. Euphytica, 133(2): 243-252.
- Rezanejad, F., 2015. Flower biology in Tecomella undulate (Roxb.) Seem. (Bignoniaceae). Journal of Plant Researches, 27(4): 647-660 (In Persian).
- Taheri, A., Seyedi, N. and Abdollahi Mandulakani, B., 2016. SSR-based assessment of genetic diversity in Iranian walnut (Juglans regia L.). Journal of Forest and Wood Product, 69(2): 277-286.
- Tewari, V.P. and Singh, B., 2009. Site index model for Tecomella undulata (Sm.) Seem. (Bignoniaceae) plantations in a hot arid region of India. Journal of Arid Environments, 73(4-5): 590-593.
- Yeh, F.C., Yang, R.C. and Boyle, T., 1997. POPGENE, version 1.21: software Microsoft window-based freeware for population genetic analysis. CIFOR and University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Zhou, X.J., Ren, X.L. and Liu, W.Z., 2016. Genetic diversity of SSR markers in wild populations of Tapiscia sinensis, an endangered tree species. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology, 69: 1-5.
- Zolfaghari, R., Akbarinia, M., Mardi, M. and Ghanati, F., 2009. Genetic diversity in Persian oak (Quercus branti Lindl) from Kohkiluye and Boyerahmad using SSR. Iranian Journal of Rangelands and Forests Plant Breeding and Genetic Research, 16(2): 172-181 (In Persian).
- Zolfaghari, Z., Moradi, M., Basiri, R. and Ghasemi, A., 2018. Evaluation of Tecomella undulata R. stands structure in Bushehr province. Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 19(4): 49-65 (In Persian).