عنوان مقاله [English]
There are several available indices to assess the group associations between species and sites in order to identify diagnostic species. In this study, we introduced 11 indices of species-site groups and evaluated their quality by means of a TFVI model and four numerical criteria, including average positive fidelity, sharpness, uniqueness and crispness based on of 168 releve of Buxus hyrcana habitats. We used a modified TWINSPAN classification of 168 releve (Nine vegetation community/site groups) to determine the species fidelity value. The results showed that new classification obtained from assigning releve using TFVI model based on IndVal, UbinB and Ochiai indices returned the highest values of the fourfold criteria in evaluating classification quality. Moreover, they achieved higher qualities compared to other indices. Also results of cluster analysis and PCA diagram showed that 11 species-site groups’ association indices can be divided into four groups. The scatter plot of association indices along two first axes in PCA (eigenvalues 0.556 and 0.365, respectively) explained 92% of total variation, and species fidelity values based on IndVal and Ochiai indices were similar and noticeably different with other indices. Finally, the results of this study revealed that IndVal and Ochiai indices have the most priority in determining diagnostic species of vegetation communities compared to the other examined association indices.
- Agir, S.U., Kutbay, H.G., Karaer, F. and Surmen, B., 2014. The classification of coastal dune vegetation in Central Black Sea Region of Turkey by numerical methods and EU habitat types. Rendiconti Lincei, 25(4): 453-460.
- Asadi, H., Hosseini, S.M. and Esmailzadeh, O., 2011. Introduction of Khybus plant communities and their relation to physiographical factors and biodiversity indices. Iranian Journal of Natural of Resources, 64(2): 107-127 (In Persian).
- Basiri, R., Karami, P., Akbarinia, M. and Hosseini, S.M., 2004. Determination of ecological species groups by Angelo-American approach case study: Ghamisheleh, Marivan. Journal of Environmental Studies, 30(36): 89-98 (In Persian).
- Botta-Dukat, Z., Chytry, M., Hajkova, P. and Havlova, M., 2005. Vegetation of lowland wet meadows along a climatic continentality gradient in Central Europe. Preslia, 77(1): 89-111.
- Bruelheide, H., 2000. A new measure of fidelity and its application to defining species groups. Journal of Vegetation Science, 11(2): 167-178.
- Chytry, M. and Tichy, L., 2003. Diagnostic, Constant and Dominant Species of Vegetation Classes and Alliances of the Czech Republic: A Statistical Revision. Masaryk University Press, Brno, 230p.
- Chytry, M., Tichy, L., Holt, J. and Botta‐Dukat, Z., 2002. Determination of diagnostic species with statistical fidelity measures. Journal of Vegetation Science, 13(1): 79-90.
- Dai, X, Page, B. and Duffy, K.J., 2006. Indicator value analysis as a group prediction technique in community classification. South African Journal of Botany, 72(4): 589-596.
- Dalle M.B., 1988. Knowing when to stop: Cluster concept – concept cluster. Coenoses, 1: 11-31.
- De Cáceres, M., Font, X. and Oliva, F., 2008. Assessing species diagnostic value in large data sets: a comparison between phi coefficient and Ochiai index. Journal of Vegetation Science, 19(6): 779-788.
- De Cáceres, M. and Legendre, P., 2009. Associations between species and groups of sites: indices and statistical inference. Ecology, 90(12): 3566-3574.
- De Cáceres, M., Legendre, P. and Moretti, M., 2010. Improving indicator species analysis by combining groups of sites. Oikos, 119(10): 1674-1684.
- De Cáceres M., Legendre P., Wiser S. K., Brotons L. 2012. Using species combinations in indicator value analyses. Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 3(6): 973-982.
- Dengler J., Chytry M. and Ewald J., 2008. Phytosociology: 2767-2779. In: Jorgensen, S.E. and Fath, B.D. (Eds.). Encyclopedia of Ecology (Vol. 4). Elsevier, Oxford, 4156p.
- Eshaghi Rad, J., Zahedi Amiri, Gh., Marvi Mohajer, M.R., Asadi, M. and Mattaji, A., 2007. Evaluation and comparison of species diversity in Fagetum orientalis, Carpino-Fagetum orientalis and Querco-Carpinetum betulii communities (Case study: Namkhaneh and Gorazbon Districts-Noshahr). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 14(4): 326-337 (In Persian).
- Eshaghi Rad, J., Zahedi Amiri, Gh. and Mataji, A., 2009. Determination of optimum number of ecological groups in vegetation classification (Case study: Kheiroudkenar forests). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 16(3): 455-466 (In Persian).
- Esmailzadeh, O. and Assadi, H., 2014. Total Phi Fidelity Index (TPFI) as a new algorithm in plant communities analysis. Iranian Journal of Forest, 6(2): 215-232 (In Persian).
- Esmailzadeh, O., Hosseini, S.M., Mesdaghi, M., Tabari, M. and Mohammadi, J., 2010. Can soil seed bank floristic data describe above ground vegetation plant communities?. Environmental Sciences, 7(2): 41-62 (In Persian).
- Esmailzadeh, O., Hosseini, S.M. and Tabari, M., 2007. A phytosociological study of English yew (Taxus baccata L.) in Afratakhteh reserve. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 74(1): 17-24 (In Persian).
- Hill, M.O., Bunce, R.G.H. and Shaw, M.W., 1975. Indicator species analysis, a divisive polythetic method of classification and its application to a survey of native pinewoods in Scotland. The Journal of Ecology, 63(2): 597-613.
- Kent, M., 2011. Vegetation Description and Data Analysis: A Practical Approach. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 428p.
- Luther‐Mosebach J., Dengler J., Schmiedel U., Rower I. U., Labitzky T., Grongroft A., 2012. A First Formal Classification of the Hardeveld Vegetation in Namaqualand, South Africa,.Applied Vegetation Science, 15(3): 401-431.
- Naqinezhad, A. and Zarezadeh, S., 2013. Phytosociological survey of Noor and Sisangan lowland Hyrcanian forests Mazandaran Province. Iranian Journal of Plant Biology, 5(16): 103-121 (In Persian).
- Niemi, G.J. and McDonald, M.E., 2004. Application of ecological indicators. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution and Systematics, 35: 89-111.
- Rolecek, J., Tichy, L., Zeleny, D. and Chytry, M., 2009. Modified TWINSPAN classification in which the hierarchy respects cluster heterogeneity. Journal of Vagatation Science, 20(4): 596-602.
- Roodi, Z., Jalilvand, H. and Esmailzadeh, O., 2012. Identification of ecological plant species groups of Sisangan Reserve Buxus hyrcana forest park and studying their relationship with soil properties. Journal of Wood and Forest Science and Technology, 19(2): 1-21 (In Persian).
- Sokal, R.R. and Rohlf, F.J., 1995. Biometry. Freeman and Company, New York, 887p.
- Tichy, L. and Chytry, M., 2006. Statistical determination of diagnostic species for site groups of unequal size. Journal of Vegetation Science, 17(6): 809-818.
- Tichy, L., 2002. JUICE, software for vegetation classification. Journal of Vegetation Science, 13(3): 451-453.
- Willner, W., Tichy, L. and Chytry, M., 2009. Effects of different fidelity measures and contexts on the determination of diagnostic species. Journal of Vegetation Science, 20(1): 130-137.