عنوان مقاله [English]
Ash (Fraxinus excelsior L.) is a forest species with seeds consisting of hard woody skin and high dormancy that complicate the germination. This study was designed to facilitate the growth of ash seed using the in vitro culture of the embryo. Seeds from four regions of Kelardasht, Alandan-Kiyasar (in the Mazandaran province), Aliabad and Galikesh (in the Golestan province) were collected and sterilized using a sterilized scalpel to split tip of an embryo without any damage. Prior to being transferred to the culture medium, the embryo was washed by 70% of alcohol per minute as well as with sterile water under laminar hood. It was then placed in Monier, WPM and MS mediums in three replicates (with five ash seed per each petri dish). All indices studies here in the four geographical regions for the MS medium were significantly higher than the other two media, with the lowest amount observed in Monier culture media. In all four regions, all indices in Alandan and Galikesh were significantly higher than the other two regions, with the lowest amount observed in the Aliabad area. In addition, all indicators showed a significant and positive correlation with each other. Regressions between the length and weight index of vigor with other variables resulted in high R2 values that showed that changes in independent variables are influenced by dependent variables in a close fit. Therefore, it can be concluded that MS medium is more suitable for the in vitro propagation of the embryo plant of the ash.
- Desislava, D., Iliev, N. and Iliev, I., 2013. In vitro propagation of Fraxinus excelsior L. Muzeul Olteniei Craiova. Oltenia. Studi Si Comunicari Stiinetele Naturii, 29(1): 78-84.
- Espahbodi, K. and Khorankeh, S., 2013. Effect of planting date and seedling cover on seed germination of mountain ash (Fraxinus excelsior L.) and decrease of spring late cold damage. Iranian Journal of Forests and Poplar Research, 21(1): 126-141 (In Persian).
- Hammatt, N. and Ridout, M.S., 1992. Micro-propagation of common ash (Fraxinus excelsior). Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, 31(1): 67-74.
- Huijun, Z. and Fengxia, L., 2003. Study on In vitro culture of immature embryo of Fraxinus mandshurica. Scientia Silvae Sinicae, 39(3): 63-69.
- ISTA (International Seed Testing Association), 1996. International rules for seed testing. Seed Science and Technology, 24:155-202.
- Korori, S.A.A., Khoshnevis, M., Magholi, F. and Jebeli, M., Khanjani, B., 2002. Investigation of the metabolic development in Fraxinus exelsior seeds by using of enzymes and cations variation. Iranian Journal of Forests and Poplar Research, 9(1):83-148 (In Persian).
- Mirabizadeh, K., 1997. Effecting some of phyto-hormones on growth and rooting of ash (Fraxinus americana L.) in tissue culture and nutrient-solution culture. M.Sc. thesis, College of Basic Science, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, 140p (In Persian).
- Mitras, D., Kitin, P., Iliev, I., Dancheava, D., Scaltsoyiannes, A., Tsaktsira, M., Nellas, C. and Rohr, R., 2009. In vitro propagation of Fraxinus excelsior L. by epicotyls. Journal of Biological Research-Thessaloniki, 11: 37-48.
- Mojarrabi, M., 2009. Study of seed and embryo production in ash (Fraxinus excelsior). M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, Mazandaran University, 108p (In Persian).
- Navarrete, N.E., Van Sambeek, J.W., Preece, J.E. and Gaffney, G.R., 1989. Improved micropropagation of white ash (Fraxinus americana L.). Proceedings of 7th Central Hardwood Conference. Carbondale, Illinois, 5-8 Mar. 1989: 146-149.
- Nougarède, A., Silveira, C.E. and Rondet, P., 1996. In nature dormant buds and in vitro dormant-like buds of Fraxinus excelsior L. Protoplasma, 190(1-2): 16-24.
- Omidbeigi, R., 2005. Production and Processing of Medicinal Plants. Behnashr Publication, 348p.
- Palla K.J. and Pijut P.M., 2011. Regeneration of plants from Fraxinus americana hypocotyls and cotyledons. In vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology - Plant, 47(2): 250-256.
- Preece, J.E., Zhao, J. and King F.H., 1989. Callus production and somatic embryogenesis from white ash. Horticultural Science, 24(2): 377-380.
- Schoenweiss, K. and Meier-Dinkel, A., 2005. In vitro propagation of selected mature trees and juvenile embryo-derived cultures of common ash (Fraxinus excelsior L.). Propagation of Ornamental Plants, 5(3): 137-145.
- Stevens, M.E. and Pijut, P.M., 2012. Hypocotyl derived in vitro regeneration of pumpkin ash (Fraxinus profunda). Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, 108(1): 129-135.
- Van Sambeek, J.W. and Preece, J.E., 2007. In vitro propagation of Fraxinus species: 179-192. In: Mohan Jain, S. and Häggman, H. (Eds.). Protocols for Micropropagation of Woody Trees and Fruits. Springer, Dordrecht, 559p.
- Wagner, J. and Kafka, I., 1995. Effects of medium composition on in vitro germination of embryos of Fraxinus excelsior at different stages of development. Journal of Plant physiology, 146(4): 566-568.