عنوان مقاله [English]
Optimal forest management implies multiple uses in accordance with the principles of sustainability in natural ecosystems. Due to the ever-increasing demand for forest tourism in recent years, further research is required in terms of the environmental impact assessment. In this research, the environmental aspects of two implementation scenarios (two construction phases and exploitation) as well as non-implementation of the Arghavan forest park project were evaluated using an improved RIAM method in biological-ecological, physical-chemical, social-cultural and economic-functional aspects in the Ilam province within the Zagros region. Improving the RIAM method involves the use of fuzzy logic and network analysis (ANP) to prioritize evaluation criteria. The results showed that while the evaluation index in the conventional method was positive in both implementation and non-implementation of the project, its magnitude in the implementation option was almost doubled compared with the non-implementation option. The result of comparing the evaluation index of the improved method with that of the initial method showed a minor reduction (~6%) in the implementation and a significant decrease (~115%) in the non-implementation. Accordingly, assuming compliance with the implementation defaults, the evaluation revealed the most positive effects of the project implementation. Although the analysis of the results of the method requires complementary research, the use of fuzzy logic and ANP in improving the environmental impact assessment seems to be necessary due to the subjective nature of the evaluation, criteria measurement error, the uncertainty in predicting the aspects and the complex internal relations between the evaluation elements.
- Aghnoum, M., Feghhi, J., Makhdoum, M. and Jabbarian Amiri, B., 2014. Assessing the environmental impacts of forest management plan based on matrix and landscape degradation model. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, 16(4): 841-850.
- Aiswarya, M. and Sruthi, M., 2016. Environmental impact assessment of water using RIAM (rapid impact assessment matrix). International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 7(4): 206-221.
- Asadi Shirin, G. and Gholamalifard, M., 2015. Criteria conformity and environmental impact assessment in Qaemshahr landfill using leopold matrix and RIAM. Iranian Journal of Research in Environmental Health, 1(3): 193-206 (In Persian).
- Bai, C., Dhavale, D. and Sarkis, J., 2016. Complex investment decisions using rough set and fuzzy c-means: An example of investment in green supply chains. European Journal of Operational Research, 248(2): 507-521.
- Bunruamkaew, K. and Murayama, Y., 2011. Site suitability evaluation for ecotourism using GIS & AHP: A case study of Surat Thani province, Thailand. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 21: 269-278.
- Chou, W.C., Lin, W.T. and Lin, C.Y., 2007. Application of fuzzy theory and PROMETHEE technique to evaluate suitable ecotechnology method: A case study in Shihmen Reservoir Watershed, Taiwan. Ecological Engineering, 31(4):269-280.
- Cloquell-Ballester, V.A., Monterde-Díaz, R., Cloquell-Ballester, V.A and Santamarina-Siurana, M.C., 2007. Systematic comparative and sensitivity analyses of additive and outranking techniques for supporting impact significance assessments. Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 27: 62-83.
- Ghajar, I. and Najafi, A., 2012. Evaluation of harvesting methods for sustainable forest management (SFM) using the analytical network process (ANP). Forest Policy and Economics, 21: 81-91.
- Ghorbaninia, Z., Nikzad, V. and Salehi, E., 2015. The environmental impact assessment of tourism projects (case study: Evan tourism region). Journal of Tourism Planning and Development, 4(13): 147-167 (In Persian).
- Gilasgar, R., Saeb, K., Arjomandi, R. and Khorasani, N., 2011. Proposing an integrated environmental strategy for Safarood forest park using ANP method. Journal of Sciences and Techniques in Natural Resources, 6(1): 111-125 (In Persian).
- Goleiji, E., Hoseini, S.M., Khorasani, N. and Monavari, S.M., 2018. Forest fire risk assessment using WLC and ANP (Case study: 33 and 34 watersheds north of Iran). Journal of Natural Environment Hazards, 7(15): 107-124 (In Persian).
- Gray, I.M., 2001. Environmental impact assessment in the forest sector of Great Britain. Ph.D. thesis, University of Wales, Bangor, 391p.
- Hefny, A.H., Elsayed, H.M. and Aly, H.F., 2013. Fuzzy multi-criteria decision making model for different scenarios of electrical power generation in Egypt. Egyptian Informatics Journal, 14(2): 125-133.
- Ijäs, A., Kuitunen, M.T. and Jalava, K., 2010. Developing the RIAM method (rapid impact assessment matrix) in the context of impact significance assessment. Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 30(2): 82-89.
- Jafari, M., 2008. The environmental features of the protected area of Manesht and Ghalarang. Published by Department of Environment, Ilam, 76p (In Persian).
- Kankam-Yeboah, K., Asare, E.B., Gyau-Boakye, P. and Nishigaki, M., 2005. Rapid impact assessment matrix (RIAM) - an analytical tool in the prioritization of water resources management problems in Ghana. Journal of the Faculty of Environmental Science & Technology, Okayama University, 10(1): 75-81.
- Lina, W.T., Tsalib, J.S., Linc, C.Y. and Huangd, P.H., 2008. Assessing reforestation placement and benefit for erosion control: A case study on the Chi-Jia-Wan Stream, Taiwan. Journal of Ecological Modelling, 2: 444-452.
- Madani, S., Moghadami, Sh., Abedinzadeh, N. and Malmasi, S., 2016. Application of analytical hierarchy process to compare simple and modified RIAM methods (Case study: environmental impact assessment of Tiam steel plants). Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 18(1): 45-59 (In Persian).
- Mehrabi Gohari, E., Matinfar, H.R. and Taghizadeh, R., 2017. Evaluating soil- environment inference model (SOLIM) for soil mapping based on fuzzy logic in Kashan. Journal of Water and Soil Science (Journal of Sciences and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources), 21(3): 255-268 (In Persian).
- Mehta, D., Baweja, P.K. and Aggarwal, R.K., 2018. Forest fire risk assessment using fuzzy analytic hierarchy process. Current World Environment, 13(3): 307-316.
- Mohammadi, Z. and Mohammadi Limaei, S., 2018. Multiple criteria decision making approaches for forest sustainability (case study: Iranian Caspian forests). Forestry Research and Engineering: International Journal, 2(2): 114-120.
- Najafifar, A., 2017. Presentation of comprehensive model of land use planning for multiple uses in southern Zagros woodlands (case study, Ilam province, Badreh Township, Kabirkouh). Ph.D. thesis, College of Forest Science, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Gorgan, 341p.
- Najafifar, A., Moiyeri, M.H., Shatai-Joybari, Sh. and Salman-Mahini, A.R., 2018. Planning of multiple land uses of Zagros forests in terms of socio-economic and political criteria (Case study: Kabirkooh forest of Badreh city, Ilam province). Journal of Wood & Forest Science and Technology, 25(2): 17-31.
- Padash, A., 2017. Modeling of environmental impact assessment based on RIAM and TOPSIS for desalination and operating units. Environmental Energy and Economic Research, 1(1): 75-88.
- Pastakia, C.M.R. and Jensen, A., 1998. The rapid impact assessment matrix (RIAM) for EIA. Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 18(5): 461-482.
- Pastakia, C.M.R., 1998. The rapid impact assessment matrix (RIAM) - a new tool for environmental impact assessment: 8-18. In: Jensen, K. (Ed.). Environmental Impact Assessment Using the Rapid Impact Assessment Matrix (RIAM). Olsen & Olsen, Fredensborg, Denmark, 74p.
- Phillips, J., 2012. Applying a mathematical model of sustainability to the Rapid Impact Assessment Matrix evaluation of the coal mining tailings dumps in the Jiului Valley, Romania. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 63: 17-25.
- Praveen, S. and Jegan, J., 2016. Investigation of proposed infrastructure developments in Beypore Port, using Rapid Impact Assessment Matrix (RIAM). International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, 5(11): 56-64.
- Saaty, T.L., 1999. Fundamentals of the Analytic Network Process. Proceedings of ISAHP1999. Kobe, Japan, 12-14 Aug. 1999: 14p.
- Salman Mahini, A.R., 2011. Quantifying Environmental Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic (translation). Mehr Mahdis Press, Tehran, 350p (In Persian).
- Soroudi, M., Omrani, Gh., Moataar, F. and Jozi, S.A., 2018. Modelling an integrated fuzzy logic and multi-criteria approach for land capability assessment for optimized municipal solid waste landfill siting yeast. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 27(1): 313-323.
- Tsaur, S.H., Lin, Y.C. and Lin, J.H., 2006. Evaluating ecotourism sustainability from the integrated perspective of resource, community and tourism. Tourism Management, 27(4): 640-653.
- Zadeh, L.A., 1965. Fuzzy sets. Information and Control, 8: 338–353