عنوان مقاله [English]
In addition to industrially-compatible wood characteristics and resistance to pests and other threatening factors, plantation and development of the poplar saplings is important for production of wood products. Providing a suitable bed for feeding saplings is the next step that will be commonly achieved by fertilization in the nurseries. The purpose of this study was to determine the amount of chemical fertilizer needed for poplar nurseries, which was evaluated in complete (NPK) and incomplete (N) forms and by examining vegetative traits, as well as their resistance and sensitivity to biological disturbance agents at the end of the growth season. For this purpose, the study investigated 663 individuals of Populus deltoides 69/55 clone in randomized complete block design by five treatments in a nursery in Kiashahr, Guilan province. Statistical analysis showed that despite increasing sapling growth, fertilizer also increased the incidence of leaf spot disease. There was no disagreement on the prevalence of pests as a result of the use of fertilizers. Therefore, given the adverse consequences of the use of fertilizer, fertilizer in those nurseries is not recommended.
- Adejumo, T.O., 2010. Effect of NPK fertilization on yield and inflorescence blight of cashew (Anacardium occidentale). Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology and Sustainable Development, 2(5): 66-70.
- Altieri, M.A. and Nicholls, C.I., 2003. Soil fertility management and insect pests: harmonizing soil and plant health in agroecosystems. Soil & Tillage Research, 72(2): 203-211.
- Anonymous, 2015. Statistical Yearbook of Guilan Province. Statictical Center of Iran, Plan and Budget Organization of Iran, 758p (In Persian).
- Babai-Ahari, A., Golmohammadi, R., and Arzanlou, M., 2016. Identification of fungal species associated with leaf spot disease on poplar trees (Populus spp.) in east Azarbaijan province and some parts of west Azarbaijan and Ardabil provinces. Journal of Applied Researches in Plant Protection, 5(2): 105-117 (In Persian).
- Balemi, T., 2009. Effect of phosphorus nutrition on growth of potato genotypes with contrasting phosphorus efficiency. African Crop Science Journal, 17(4): 199-212.
- Dordas, C., 2008. Role of nutrients in controlling plant diseases in sustainable agriculture. A review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development, 28(1): 33-46.
- Doty, S.L., Knoth, J., Khan, Z., Kang, J.W., Roman, D., Kim, S.H. and Ettl, G., 2012. Improving biomass production and phytoremediation using natural endosymbionts of poplar and willow. Abstracts of 24th Session of International Poplar Commission on Improving Lives with Poplars and Willows. Dehradum, India, 20 Oct.- 2 Nov. 2012: 172-172.
- Flessner, M. and Cahoon, C.W., 2017. Pest Management Guide (Filed Crops). Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia, USA, 621p.
- Gholami, Gh., Modirrahmati, R., Ghasemi, R. and Mirkazemi, S.Z., 2014. Adaptation and wood production of different closed-crown poplar clones in Gorgan region. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 22(3): 473-484 (In Persian).
- Goudarzi, G., Filizadeh, Y. and Ebrahimi, E., 2014. The climate zoning of Guilan province based