عنوان مقاله [English]
This study aimed to identify the silvicultural characteristics, geological structure, soil and climatic characteristics, and to form a table for the ecological needs of the Tecomella undulata (Roxb.) Seem.. Six T. undulata habitats in southern Iran were selected following specification of their range of occurrence. The results indicated the distribution of T. undulata in warm and southern Iran, from the coast of Persian Gulf at a height of 10 meters a.s.l in Moqdan (Bushehr) to 1612 meters a.s.l in Esfandaghe (Jiroft). Annual rainfall of the study area is 100 to 200 mm with an average annual temperature of 5 to 50 °C. The habitats had mostly light to moderate and more sandy to loamy sandy soil texture with low water storage capacity. The soil was rich in potassium, yet very poor in nitrogen and organic matter, the average acidity of saturated sand was 7 to 8 and its conductivity was 0.5 mm/m, which predominantly lie on sediments of the Quaternary and Tertiary periods. The average density of T. undulata per ha in the six habitats was 75. In addition, results showed the maximum height of 10.2 m and the mean diameter of 47.35 cm. The mean canopy area was 13.2 m2 (ranging between 1 and 20.5 m2). The flowering stage of T. undulata species usually starts in late march to the middle of May. Furthermore, seed ripening occurs in late June and early May in the habitats associated with the best acorn production (Dasht-e kooch- Jiroft). Natural propagation of T. undulata is carried out through the seeds and roots sprouts. The results of this study provided useful information about autecology of T. undulata.
- Anonymous, 2003. Genetic diversity analysis in Tecomella undulata. The Biome News, 4: 8-9.
- Aslam, M., Singh, R., Anandhan, S., Pande, V. and Ahmed, Z., 2009. Development of a transformation protocol for Tecomella undulata (Smith) Seem from cotyledonary node explants. Scientia Horticulturae, 121(1): 119-121.
- Baig, M., Ahmad, S., Khan, N. and Khurshid, M., 2008. Germplasm conservation of multipurpose trees and their role in agroforestry for sustainable agricultureal production in Pakistan. International Journal of Agriculture & Biology, 10(3): 340-348.
- Bhau, B.S., Negi, M.S., Jindal, S.K., Singh, M. and Lakshmikumaran, M., 2007. Asseeeing genetic diversity of Tecomella undulata (Sm.) - An endangered tree species using amplified fragment length polymorphisms-based molecular markers. Current Science, 93(1): 67-72.
- Chal, J., Kumar, V. and Kaushik, S., 2011. A Phytopharmacological overview on Tecomella undulata G. Don. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 1(1): 11-12.
- Ghahreman, A., 1985. Flora of Iran, Vol. 6. Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 252p.
- Hoseini, S.H., Fakhry, F. and Kazeroni, H., 2000. Evaluating the ecological characteristics of Samang (Tecomella undulata) and its economic value in Bushehr province. Final report of research project, Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 66p (In Persian).
- Jindal, S.K., Singh, M., Solanki, K.R. and Kackar, N.L., 1992. Changes in genetic parameters and ranks of tree height over six growth years in Tecomella undulata (Sm.) Seem. Silvae Genetica, 41(4-5): 213-216.
- Kumar, A., Ram, H., Sharma, S.K. and Rao, S.R., 2008. Comparative meiotic chromosome studies in nine accessions of Tecomella undulata (Sm.) Seem., threatened tree of Indian desert. Silvae Genetica, 57(6): 301-306.
- Mahmoodi, A.R., Najafi-Ghiri, M. and Soheili, A., 2014. Ecological and morphological characteristics of tree Tecomella undulata (the case of Darab, Fars province). The Second National Conference on Environmental Research. Hamedan, 7 Aug. 2014: 14p.
- Patil, D.A., 2009. Healthcare and origins of folkloric medicines in north Maharashtra (India). Proceedings of National Conference on Biodiversity, Sustainable Development and Human Welfare . Dhule, India, 10-11 Jan. 2009.
- Perveen, A. and Hussain, M.I, 2007. Plant biodiversity and phytosociological attributes of Gorakh hill (Khirthar range). Pakistan Journal of Botany, 39(3): 691-698.
- Saffari, V.R. and Molaie, S., 2014. Use of Tecomella undulata shrubs as a multifunctional species for environmental sustainability in dry and semi dry areas of southern Iran. 1st National Conference on Sustainable Management of Soil and Environmental Resources. Kerman, 10-11 Sept. 2014: 6p (In Persian).
- Shafagh, R., 2011. Investigation on some autecological characteristics of Tecomella undulata (Case study: Hormozgan and Bushehr provinces). M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, Yazd University, 74p (In Persian).
- Singh, A.K., 2004. Endangered economic species of Indian desert. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution, 51(4): 371-380.
- Singh, G., 2009. Comparative productivity of Prosopis cineraria and Tecomella undulata based agroforestry system in degraded lands of India Desert. Journal of Forestry Research, 20(2): 144-150.
- Tewari, V.P., 2007. Comparing the model forms estimating generalised diameter-height relationships in Tecomella undulata plantations in hot arid region of India. Journal of Forestry Research, 18(4): 255-260.
- Tripathi, J.P.M. and Jaimini, S.N., 2002. Floral and reproductive biology of Rohida (Tecomulla undulata (Sm.) Seem.). Indian Journal of Forestry, 25(3/4): 341-343.
- Ullah, M.O., Hamid, K., Rahman, K.A. and Choudhuri, M.S.K., 2010. Effect of Rohitakarista (RHT), an ayurvedic formulation, on the lipid profile of rat plasma after chronic administration. Biology and Medicine, 2(2): 26-31.
- UNESCO, 1979. Map of the world distribution of arid regions: explanatory note. MAB Technical Notes, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, Paris, 54p.
- Zolfaghari, Z., Moradi, M., Basiri, R. and Ghasemi, A., 2017. Evaluation of soil physicochemical properties of Tecomella undulata in Busher province. Journal of Forest and Wood Products, 70(2): 273-280 (In Persian).