عنوان مقاله [English]
Zagros forests as the most extensive forests in Iran have a special place for living and livelihood of local communities. Therefore, planning to prevent further degradation and proper management in order to preserve and restore these forests is necessary. Therefore, in this study, the effective factors on participation of local beneficiaries in management, preservation and reclamation of oak forests of Lorestan are identified and ranked. The statistical population of this research consisted of experts in natural resources and environment and collecting data using field Scrolling and completing 20 questionnaires. Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) has been used to analyze the data. The results show that economic factors relative to social, environmental and infrastructure factors most weight in participation of foresters in management, preservation and restoration of oak forests of Lorestan ranked first. By creating a variety of jobs for forest residents, their income will increase, and as a result, the dependence of local people on the forest will be reduced, resulting in increased participation and protection.
- Aligholizadeh Firouzjaei, N. and Mehrali Tabar Firouzjaei, M., 2016. Investigation of rural people’s participation in management of forest natural resources in eastern Bandpey district, Babol county of Iran. Village and Development, 19(1): 1-26 (In Persian).
- Arayesh, B. and Farajollah Hoseini, S.J., 2010. The regression analysis of effective factor on people participation in rotecting, revitalizing, developing and using renewable natural resources from the view of natural resources experts in Ilam province. Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development, 24(1): 49-58 (In Persian).
- Bhattacharya, P., Pradhan, L. and Yadav, G., 2010. Joint forest management in India: Experiences of two decades. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 54(8): 469-480.
- Colombo, S.J., Chen, J., Ter-Mikaelian, M.T., McKechnie, J., Elkie, P.C., MacLean, H.L. and Heath, L.S., 2012. Forest protection and forest harvest as strategies for ecological sustainability and climate change mitigation. Forest Ecology and Management, 281: 140-151.
- Coulibaly-Lingani, P., Savadogo, P., Tigabu, M. and Oden, P.C., 2011. Factors influencing people's participation in the forest management program in Burkina Faso, West Africa. Forest Policy and Economics, 13(4): 292-302.
- Etongo, D., Kanninen, M., Epule, T. E. and Fobissie, K., 2018. Assessing the effectiveness of joint forest management in Southern Burkina Faso: A SWOT-AHP analysis. Forest Policy and Economics, 90: 31-38.
- Ghadirian, O., Hemami, M.R., Soffianian, A., Pourmanaphi, S., Malekian, M. and Tarkesh, M., 2017. Probabilistic prediction of forest decline in Lorestan province using a combined modeling approach. Iranian Journal of Forest and Range Protection Research, 15(2): 131-146 (In Persian).
- Ghodsypour, S.H., 2000. Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), First Edition. Amirkabir University of Technology Press, Tehran, 222p (In Persian).
- Ghorbani, M., Azarnivand, H., Mehrabi, A.A., Bastani, S., Jafari, M. and Nayebi, H., 2013. Social network analysis: A new approach in policy-making and planning of natural resources co-management. Journal of Natural Environment (Iranian Journal of Natural Resources), 65(4): 553-568 (In Persian).
- Giliba, R.A., Mafuru, C.S., Paul, M., Kayombo, C.J., Kashindye, A.M., Chirenje, L.I. and Musamba, E.B., 2011. Human activities influencing deforestation on Meru catchment forest Reserve, Tanzania. Journal of Human Ecology, 33(1): 17-20.
- Habibi, B., Alipour, H. and Kiadaliri, H., 2014. A study on the participation level of forest dwellers and its effective factors in forest management (Case study: Babolkenar area of Babol Township). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 22(1): 109-120 (In Persian).
- Habibi, A., Izadyar, S. and Sarafrazi, A., 2014. Fuzzy Multiple Objective Decision Making. Katibe Gil Publication, Rasht, 171p (In Persian).
- Harker, P.T., 1989. The art and science of decision making: The analytic hierarchy process: 3-36. In: Golden, B.L., Wasil, E.A. and Harker, P.T. (Eds.). The Analytic Hierarchy Process. Springer, Heidelberg, Berlin, 265p.
- Hematzadeh, Y. and Khalighi, N., 2006. Effective factors survey on lack of participation of users in pasture and watershed management design (Case study: User of kchik reagent sphere in Golestan province). Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, 13(4): 88-100 (In Persian).
- Heydari, Q., Barani, H., Aghili, S.M., Ghorbani, J. and Mahboobi, M.R., 2011.The relationship between the support services and extension and participation of ranchers in rangeland restoration (Case study: Baladeh rangelands, north of Iran). Journal of Water and Soil Conservation, 17(4): 47-65.
- Imani Rastabi, M., Jalilvand, H. and Zandbasiri, M., 2014. Examination of socio-economic problems of Kalgachi of Zagros yurt forests in Chahar Mahal and Bakhtiari. Journal of Natural Ecosystems Iran, 4(2): 59-70 (In Persian).
- Jana, S.K., Lise, W. and Ahmed, M., 2014. Factors affecting participation in joint forest management in the West Bengal state of India. Journal of Forest Economics, 20(4): 317-332.
- Khedrizadeh, M., Maleknia, R., Adeli, K. and Hanareh Khalyani, J., 2017. Survey of barriers and potential field to involve local people in the forest management process (Case study: Local Communities in Nameshir, Baneh). Journal of Wood & Forest Science and Technology, 24(3): 35-47 (In Persian).
- Kobbail, A.A.R., 2012. Local people attitudes towards community forestry practices: A case study of Kosti province-central Sudan. International Journal of Forestry Research, 7p.
- Maier, C., Lindner, T. and Winkel, G., 2014. Stakeholders’ perceptions of participation in forest policy: A case study from Baden-Württemberg. Land Use Policy, 39: 166-176.
- Mohammadi, Y., Etemad, V., Barabadi, S.A. and Ansari-Ardali, A., 2015. Structural modelling for explaining the participatory behavior of villagers towards forest conservation (Case study: Ardal Chahartagh Forest Reserve). Iranian Journal of Forest, 7(3): 341-362 (In Persian).
- Mohammadi Kangarani, H., Shamekhi, T., Babae, M., Ashtarian, K. and Arab, D.R., 2009. Policy-making between institution, forest and water variables by path analysis method (Case study; Vezg watershed/ Kohgiloye va Boyerahmad province). Iranian Journal of Forest, 1(4): 345-359 (In Persian).
- Mohammadian, F., Shahnoushi, N., Ghorbani, M. and Aghel, H., 2009. Choosing a potential crop pattern by using AHP analysis model (Case study: Torbat-e-Jam plain). Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Science, 19(1): 171-187 (In Persian).
- Pinyopusarerk, K., Tran, T.T.H. and Tran, V.D., 2014. Making community forest management work in northern Vietnam by pioneering participatory action. Land Use Policy, 38: 257-263.
- Ranjit, Y., 2016. Determinants of people’s participation in forest protection and management: A study in Kaski, Nepal. Economic Journal of Development Issues, 17&18(1-2): 175-186.
- Saaty, T.L., 1994. Fundamentals of Decision Making and Priority Theory with the Analytic Hierarchy Process. RSW Publications, Pittsburgh, 527p.
- Saaty, T.L., 2008. Decision making with the analytic hierarchy process. International Journal of Services Sciences, 1(1): 83-98.
- Sagheb-Talebi, Kh., Sajedi, T. and Pourhashemi, M., 2014. Forests of Iran; A treasure from the Past, a Hope for the Future. Springer, 152p.
- Salehi, A.R and Shobeyri, S.O.R., 2013. The study of factors affecting the implementation of forest planting and forest enrichment projects for local stockholders (Case study: Central part of Boyerahmad county). Proceedings of National Conference on Environmental Hazards of Zagros. Khorramabad, Iran, 20 Feb. 2014: 13p (In Persian).
- Salehpour Jam, A., Sarreshtehdari, A. and Tabatabaei, M., 2018. Prioritizing preventing factors affecting on stakeholders’ participation in watershed plans based on experts’ idea, case study: watershed area surrounding city of Tehran. Watershed Engineering and Management, 9(4): 441-450 (In Persian).
- Stevens, M.R., Berke, P.R. and Song, Y., 2010. Public participation in local government review of development proposals in hazardous locations: Does it matter, and what do local government planners have to do with it? Journal of Environmental Management, 45(2): 320-335.
- Veisi, H., Majd-al-din, A. and Rashidpour, L., 2004. The role of NGOs in protection of environment. The 1st National Conference on Promotion of Environmental Protection Culture. Iranian Academy of Sciences, Iran, 15 July 2004 (In Persian).
- Yaghoubi Farani, A., Sepahpanah, M. and Parmozeh, F., 2016. Barriers of local people participation in forest conservation plans in Gilan-e Gharb county. Journal of Zagros Forests Research, 2(2): 79-89 (In Persian).
- Zandebasiri, M. and Parvin, T., 2012. Investigation on importance of near east process’s criteria and indicators on sustainable management of Zagross forests (Case study: Tange Solak water catchment, Kohgiloye and Boyer Ahmad province). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(2): 204-216 (In Persian).