عنوان مقاله [English]
This research was carried out to study the adaptability and performance of four Eucalyptus spp. species in Bushehr province. For this purpose, one- year- old seedlings of four species, including Eucalyptus camaldulensis Dehnh, E. rubida H. Deane & Maiden, E. grandis W. Hill and E. saligna Sm. were planted under randomized complete blocks design, using 49 seedlings per plot at 5 × 5 m spacing at Shabankareh Research Station, Dashtestan, Bushehr province, in late February. All trees were irrigated, protected and enumerated each three months in the first year after plantation. Survived trees were counted and measured at the end of each year from second year on. Diameter at breast height (DBH), collar diameter, total height and crown diameter were measured to evaluate tree performance. Results showed that E. camaldulensis had the highest survival, height, DBH, crown area, standing stock volume and volume increment rates, followed by E. saligna. Application of Duncan test showed significant differences among species in terms of their survival and growth performance (α = 5%). Furthermore, E. rubida and E. grandis completely died at the end of first year of cultivation due to drought and high temperature stress in June and July. Based on these results, E. camaldulensis was suggested for plantation in similar sites in the south of Iran and further research was recommended.
- Barson, M.M., 1978. The distribution of Eucalyptus viminalis and Eucalyptus camaldulensis in Victoria. M.Sc. thesis. School of Botany, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, 102p.
- Bassiri, A. 1995. Statistical Designs in Agricultural Sciences. Shiraz University Press, Shiraz, 374p (In Persian).
- Boland, D.J., Brooker, M.I.H., Chippendale, G.M., Hall, N., Hyland, B.P.M., Johnston, R.D., Kleinig, D.A., McDonald, M.W. and Turner, J.D., 2006. Forest Trees of Australia. 5th Edition, CSIRO Publishing, Clayton, 768p.
- Davidson, J., 1995. Eucalyptus tree improvement and breeding. Ministry of Natural Resources Development and Environmental Protection, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 96p.
- Delgado-Matas, C. and Pukkala, T., 2011. Comparison of the growth of six Eucalyptus species in Angola. International Journal of Forestry Research, 2011: 1-9.
- Goodarzi, G.R. and Ahmadloo, F., 2018. Investigation on adaptability and performance of species and provenances of Eucalyptus in Markazi province (Saveh). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 25(4): 634-645 (In Persian).
- Hamzehpour, M., Sardabi, H., Bordbar, S., Joukar, L. and Abbasi, A.R., 2012. Investigation on establishment of some industrial Eucalyptus species and provenances in Kazeroon, Fars province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(2): 217-232 (In Persian).
- Hunde, T., Mamushet, D., Duguma, D., Gizachew, B. and Teketay, D., 2003. Growth and form of provenances of Eucalyptus saligna at Wondo Genet, southern Ethiopia. Australian Forestry, 66(3): 213-216.
- Jamali, B., 1984. Preliminary results on cultivation of Eucalyptus species. Final report of research project, Safiabad Agricultural and Natural Resources Research and Education Center, Dezful, 26p (In Persian).
- Javanshir, K. and Mosadegh, A., 1972. Eucalyptus. University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 434p (In Persian).
- Karamian, R., Sardabi, H., Mohammadian, A., Mehdifar, D. and Darvishian, K., 2015. Investigation on adaptability and performance of industrial Eucalyptus provenances at Khorramabad in Lorestan province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 23(1): 167-177 (In Persian).
- Khademi, R., 2006. A glance on research station of Shabankareh. Bushehr Agricultural and Natural Resources Research and Education Center, Bushehr, 14p (In Persian).
- Lemcoff, J.H., Guarnaschelli, A.B., Garau, A.M. and Prystupa, P., 2002. Elastic and osmotic adjustments in rooted cuttings of several clones of Eucalyptus camaldulensis Dehnh. from southeastern Australia after a drought. Flora- Morphology, Distribution, Functional Ecology of Plants, 197(2): 134-142.
- Low, C.B. and Shelbourne, C.J.A., 1999. Performance of Eucalyptus globulus, E. maidenii, E. nitens, and other eucalypts in Northland and Hawke's Bay at ages 7 and 11 years. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science, 29(2): 274-288.
- Mankessi, F., Saya, A., Toto, M. and Monteuuis, O., 2010. Propagation of Eucalyptus urophylla × Eucalyptus grandis clones by rooted cuttings: Influence of genotype and cutting type on rooting ability. Propagation of Ornamental Plants, 10(1): 42-49.
- Mortazavi Jahromi, S.M., 1995. Results of Eucalyptus species elimination trials in Fars province (Southern Iran). Final Report of Research Project, Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 72p (In Persian).
- Mortazavi Jahromi, S.M. and Kowsar, A., 2010. A pilot trial on drought resistant of tree species irrigated by floodwater. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 18(1): 90-106 (In Persian).
- Mueller-Dombois, D. and Ellenberg, D., 1974. Aims and Methods of Vegetation Ecology. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 547p.
- Oballa, P.O., Konuche, P.K.A., Muchiri, M.N. and Kigomo, B.N., 2010. Facts on growing and use of Eucalyptus in Kenya. Kenya Forestry Research Institute, Nairobi, 30p.
- Pinyopusarerk, K., Doran, J.C., Williams, E.R. and Wasuwanich, P., 1996. Variation in growth of Eucalyptus camaldulensis provenances in Thailand. Forest Ecology and Management, 87(1-3): 63-73.
- Potts, B.M. and Dungey, H.S., 2004. Interspecific hybridization of Eucalyptus: key issues for breeders and geneticists. New Forests, 27: 115-138.
- Sabeti, H., 2008. Forests, Trees and Shrubs of Iran. 5th edition, Yazd University Press, Yazd, 886p (In Persian).
- Sadeghi, S.M., Javanshir, K., Namiranian, M. and Lotfian, H., 2008. Ecological investigation on christ-thorn (Ziziphus spina-christi L.) in Bushehr province. Acta Horticulture, 840: 189-196.
- Saleheh Shooshtari, M.S. and Rouhipour, H., 2006. Eucalyptus species trial on sandy dunes of Khuzestan province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 13(4): 475-500 (In Persian).
- Sardabi, H., 1998. Eucalypt and Pine species trials on the Caspian littoral and lowlands of Iran. Final Report of Research Project, Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 133p (In Persian).
- Sardabi, H., Jafari, M., Farahani, I., Baizaei, A.M. and Qamqami, F., 2014. Investigation on adaptability and performance of industrial eucalypt provenances at different ecological zones- second stage (Tehran province). Final Report of Research Project, Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 26p (In Persian).
- Sardabi, H. and Tavakkoli-Neko, H., 2017. Adaptation and performance of six eucalypt species irrigated with Qom sewage: 433-448. In: Abdalla, O., Kacimov, A., Chen, M., Al-Maktoumi, A., Al-Hosni, T. and Clark, I. (Eds.). Water Resources in Arid Areas: The Way Forward. Springer Water, Springer, Cham, 521p.
- Tavakoli-Neko, H., Sardabi, H., Pourmaidani, A., Adnani, M. and Moradi, M., 2015. Investigation on adaptability and performance of industrial eucalypt provenances at different ecological zones- second stage (Qom province). Final Report of Research Project, Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 32p (In Persian).
- Teulieres, C. and Marque, C., 2007. Eucalyptus. 387- 406 In: Pua, E.C. and Davey, M.R. (Eds.), Transgenic Crops V. Biotechnology in Agriculture and Forestry, Vol. 60. Springer, 563p.
- Teulières, C., Bossinger, G., Moran, G. and Marque, C., 2007. Stress studies in Eucalyptus. Plant Stress, 1(2): 197-215.
- Varghese, M., Harwood, C.E., Hegde, R. and Ravi, N., 2008. Evaluation of provenances of Eucalyptus camaldulensis and clones of E. camaldulensis and E. tereticornis at contrasting sites in southern India. Silvae Genetica, 57(1-6): 170-179.
- Zobeiry, M., 1994. Forest Inventory (Measurement of Tree and Stand). University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 401p (In Persian).