عنوان مقاله [English]
The purpose of this study was to investigate reforestation projects based on the principles of sustainable development in the Darabkola watershed in Mazandaran province. Therefore, a goal programming model was used for the consideration of multiple goals. A fuzzy hierarchical process was used to compute the weights of different criteria. The criteria and indicators were determined according to principles of the sustainable development, including those related to economy, environment, production, biodiversity conservation, forest health, and forest cover (e.g., various indicators such as net present value, carbon balance, annual increment of diameter, stem biomass, basal area, diameter variation, mass stability, and ecological productivity). The tree species comprised Acer velutinum, A. cappadocicum, Fraxinus excelsior, Juglans regia, Quercus castaneifolia, Alnus subcordata and Pinus brutia. The results of goal programming model showed that the areas of afforestation with different species were changed compared to the ecological capability assessments. The results showed a zero ha potential for maple, which was initially defined 590.197 ha based on the assessment of ecological potential. In addition, the results revealed 120.17 ha increase (547 vs. 667.21) for F. excelsior, 470.02 ha increase (535.96 vs. 1005.99) for A. cappadocicum and 89.72 ha reduce (416.30 vs. 326.57) for Quercus castaneifolia. The reforested area was unchanged for the other species such as J. regia, A. subcordata and P. brutia. Therefore, a total area of 3091.01 ha was suggested for the afforestation according to the results of goal programming model.
- Adibnejad, M., 2013. Determination of economically optimal rotation age of Pinus taeda in Guilan Province. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Guilan, 58p (In Persian).
- Alvaninejad, S., 2010. Study of progeny testing scheme and the annual use of oak trees in natural forests of Zagros. Research Project, Yasouj University, Yasouj, 72p (In Persian).
- Amini, A., 2013. Planning and optimal allocation of agricultural production resources under uncertainty; application of multi-objective fuzzy goal programming approach. Geography and Environmental Planning Journal, 51(3): 107-128 (In Persian).
- Anonymous, 2007. Forest Management Plan, Darabkola Watershed, District no. 2. Department of Natural Resources and Watershed Management of Mazandaran Province, Sari, Iran 128p (In Persian).
- Bilbao-Terol, A., Jiménez, M. and Arenas-Parra, M., 2016. A group decision making model based on goal programming with fuzzy hierarchy: an application to regional forest planning. Annals of Operations Research, 245(1-2): 137-162.
- CBI (Central Bank of Iran), 2016. Index of prices for goods and services consumed in urban areas of Iran. Tehran, www.cbi.ir (In Persian).
- Charnes, A. and Cooper, W.W., 1961. Management Models and Industrial Applications of Linear Programming. John Wiley and Sons, New York, 467p.
- Chi, H., 2000. Computer simulation models for sustainability. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 1(2): 154-167.
- Daryaei, A. and Sohrabi, H., 2016. Additive biomass equations for small diameter trees of temperate mixed deciduous forests. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 31(4): 394-398.
- De-Miguel, S., Pukkala, T., Assaf, N. and Shater, Z., 2014. Intra-specific differences in allometric equations for aboveground biomass of eastern Mediterranean Pinus brutia. Annals of Forest Science, 71(1): 101-112.
- Diaz-Balteiro, L. and Romero, C., 2004. Sustainability of forest management plans: a discrete goal programming approach. Journal of Environmental Management, 71(24): 351-359.
- FAO. 2010. Planted Forests in Sustainable Forest Management. A Statement of Principles. Rome, 16p.
- Gezer, A. 1986. The silviculture of Pinus brutia in Turkey. Options Méditerranéennes, Série Etudes, 86(1): 55-66.
- Giménez, J.C., Bertomeu, M., Diaz-Balteiro, L. and Romero, C., 2013. Optimal harvest scheduling in Eucalyptus plantations under a sustainability perspective. Forest Ecology and Management, 291: 367-376.
- Goleij, A., Hasanzad Navroodi, E. and Mohammadi Limaei, S., 2016. Determining the criteria and indicators for sustainable forest management (Case study: Nav-e Asalem, Guilan province). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 24(1): 176-187 (In Persian).
- Gorji Bahri, Y., Faraji, R., Kiadaliri, S., Abbassi, E. and Gharib, B., 2009. The effect of thinning on growth and wood production of Caucasian alder (Alnus subcordata) plantation in Nowshahr region. Iranian Journal of Forest, 1(1): 43-55 (In Persian).
- Hotvedt, J.E., 1983. Application of linear goal programming to forest harvest scheduling. Southern Journal of Agricltural Economics, 15(1): 103-108.
- Makhdoum, M., 2012. Fundamental of Land Use Planning. 13th Edition, University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 289p (In Persian).
- Memarian, H., Balasundram, S.K., Abbaspour, K.C., Talib, J.B., Teh Boon Sung, C., and Mohd Sood, A., 2014. Integration of analytic hierarchy process and weighted goal programming for land use optimization at the watershed scale. Turkish Journal of Engineering & Environmental Sciences, 38: 139-158.
- Mohammadi, Z. and Mohammadi Limaei, S., 2014. Estimation of wood price of forest species in Guilan province using time series analysis. Journal of Forest Sustainable Development, 1(4): 297-308 (In Persian).
- Mohammadi Limaei, S., 2006. Economically optimal values and decisions in Iranian forest management. Ph.D. thesis, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Umeå, 21p.
- Mohammadi Limaei, S., Seddigh Kouhi, M. and Rostami Sharaji, T., 2013. Goal programming approach for sustainable forest management (case study in Iranian Caspian forests). Journal of Forestry Research, 25(2): 429-435.
- Ostad Hashemi, M., 2013. Application of math techniques in scaffolding development. Ph.D. thesis, University of Guilan, Rasht, 145p (In Persian).
- Palham Abbasi, A., Khajeddin, S.J. and Khademi, H., 2009. Determination of potential habitats of three Mediterranean and industrial Arbor species at forest in Armand watershed, Chaharmahal Bakhtiari province, using GIS and RS techniques. Journal of Wood and Forest Science and Technology, 16(1): 15-31 (In Persian).
- Parker, G.R. and Schneider, G., 1975. Biomass and productivity of an alder swamp in northern Michigan. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 5(3): 403-409.
- Samadzadeh, B., Kooch, Y. and Hosseini, S.M., 2017. The effect of tree covers on topsoil biological indices in a plain forest ecosystem. Journal of Water and Soil Conservation, 23(5): 105-121 (In Persian).
- Samghabadi, A.S., Memariani, A. and Amani, M., 2004. Forest planning use of mathematical model. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 17(2): 23-34.
- Sedighkouhi, M., 2012. Application of goal programing in sustainable forest management (Case study: Series 11 of Shafa Rud watershed). M.Sc. thesis, University of Guilan, Sowmeh Sara, 94p (In Persian).
- Seyd, S.Z., Moayeri, M.H. and Mohammadi, J., 2014. Introducing the criteria and indicators of measuring stand structure in sustainable forest management. Journal of Conservation and Utilization of Natural Resources, 2(2): 25-38 (In Persian).
- Wang, C., 2006. Biomass allometric equations for 10 co-occurring tree species in Chinese temperate forests. Forest Ecology and Management, 222(1-3): 9-16.
- Yuste, J.C., Konôpka, B. Janssens, I.A., Coenen, K., Xiao, C.W. and Ceulemans, R., 2005. Contrasting net primary productivity and carbon distribution between neighboring stands of Quercus robur and Pinus sylvestris. Tree Physiology, 25: 701-712.
- Zabihi, K., Spahbodi, K. and Mostafanezhad, S.R., 2007. Quantitative and qualitative characteristics of oak, nettle tree and walnut experimental plantations of Chamestan (Mazandaran). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 15(2): 123-133 (In Persian).