عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was to estimate the biomas of loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) using allometry method in compartment 10 of Chobar-Shaft plantation with an area of 61 ha. For this purpose, 30 circular sample plots, each 500 m2 were established. In each sample plot, the diameter of the stump, diameter at breast height (D.B.H), crown width and height of all trees were measured. Totally, 12 trees in different diameter classes were selected and cut about 10 cm above the ground. Fresh weight of different sections of trees was measured. Samples of each section were transferred to the laboratory and get dried in oven and percentage of dry weight was calculated. Modeling of biomass and independent variables was performed using non-linear regression. Normal distribution of data was assessed by Kolmogorov-Smirnov test. For accessing the best result, several models were tested. The results showed that the model of E(YT) = 0/045D2 H0/864 was the best model for estimation of total tree biomass (R2 = 0.952). Results of our research confirmed the value of allometric equations for estimating of stand biomass.
- Anonymous, 1993. Forest Managemnt Plan of Chobar, Gilan. Published by Forests, Range and Watershed Management Organization, Tehran, 358p (In Persian).
- Anonymous, 2015. Forest Managemnt Plan of Chobar, Gilan. Published by Forests, Range and Watershed Management Organization, Tehran, 158p (In Persian).
- Bakhtiarvand Bakhtiari, S. and Sohrabi, H., 2012.Allometric equations for estimating above and below-ground carbon storage of four broadleaved and Coniferous trees. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(3): 481-492 (In Persian).
- Brown, J.H., Gillooly, J.H., Allen, A.P., Savage V.M. and West, G.B., 2004. Toward a metabolic theory of ecology. Ecology, 85(1): 1771-1789.
- Fang, S., Xue, J. and Tang, L., 2007. Biomass production and carbon sequestration potential in poplar plantations with different management patterns. Journal of Environmental Management, 85(3): 672-679.
- Grace, K.T. and Fownes, J.H., 1998. Leaf area allometry and evalution of nondestructive estimates of total leaf area and loss by browsing in a silvopastoral system. Agroforestry Systems, 40(2):139-147.
-Komiyama, A., Ong, J.E. and Poungparn, S., 2008. Allometry, biomass, and productivity of mangrove forests: A review. Aquatic Botany, 89(2): 128-137.
- Losi, C.J., Sicamma, T.G., Condit, R. and Juan, E.M., 2003. Analysis of alternative methods for estimating carbon stock in young tropical plantation. Forest Ecology and Management, 184: 355-368.
- Madejón, P., Marañón, T., Murillo, J.M. and Robinson, B., 2004. White poplar (Populus alba) as a biomonitor of trace elements in contaminated riparian forests. Environmental Pollution, 132(1): 145-155.
- Nowak, D.J., Crane, D.E. and Stevens, J.C., 2001. Air pollution removal by urban trees and shrubs in the United States. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening, 4: 115-123.
- Peichl, M. and Altaf Arain, M., 2006. Above and belowground ecosystem biomass and carbon pools in an age-sequence of temperate pine plantation forests. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 140(1): 51-63.
- Saatchi, S.S., Houghton A., Dos Santos Alvala, R.C., Soare, J.V. and Yu, Y., 2007. Distribution of aboveground biomass in the Amazon. Global Change Biology, 13(1): 816-837.
-Saglan, B., Kucuki, O., Bilgili, E., Durmaz, D. and Basal, I., 2008. Estimating fuel biomass of some shrub species (Maquis) in Turkey. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestery, 32(1): 349-356.
- Socha, J. and Wezyk, P.2007. Allometric equations for estimating the foliage biomass of Scots pine. European Journal of Forest Research, 126(2): 263-270.
- Sohrabi, H. and Shirvani, A., 2012. Allometric equations for estimating standing biomass of Atlantic Pistache (Pistacia atlantica var. mutica) in Khojir National Park. Iranian Journal of Forest, 4(1): 55-64 (In Persian).
- Somogyi, Z., Teobaldelli, M., Federici, S., Matteucci, G., Pagliari, V., Grassi G. and Seufert, G., 2008. Allometric biomass and carbon factors. i Forest- Biogeosciences and Forestry, 1: 107-113.
- Terakunpisut, J., Gajaseni, N. and Ruankawe, N., 2007. Carbon sequestration potential in aboveground biomass of Thong Pha Phum National Forest, Thailand. Applied Ecology and Environmental Research, 5(2): 93-102.
- Zianis, D. and Mencuccini, M., 2003. Aboveground biomass relationships for beech (fagus moesiaca Cz.) trees in Vermio Mountain, Northern Greece, and generalised equations for Fagus sp. Annals of Forest Science, 60 (5): 439-448.
- Zianis, D. and Mencuccini, M., 2004. On symlifying allometric analyses of forest biomass. Forest Ecology & Management, 187: 311-332.
- Zianis, D., Muukkonen, P., Mäkipää, R. and Mencuccini, M., 2005. Biomass and stem volume equations for tree species in Europe. Silva Fennica, Monographs 4, 63p.
- Wang, C., 2006. Biomass allometric equations for 10 co-occurring tree species in Chinese temperate forests. Forest Ecology and Management, 222(1-3): 9-16.