عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of the present study was selection of adaptable species with proper growth and wood production and resistant to cold with the aim of wood production and cultivation in the urban green space and infertile lands of Saveh. Seedlings of Eucalyptus suggrandis ssp. Suggrandis, E. microcarpa, E. suggrandis ssp. Alipe, E. camaldulensis 41-sh, E. camaldulensis var. camaldulensis, E. rubida 166-sh, E. viminalis 168-sh, E. sargentii and E. camaldulensis 41-ch were planted in 3×3m spacing on late March 2010 in three replications with 25 seedlings based on Randomized Complete Block design (RCB). Also, some physic-chemical properties of soilwere examined. Results of the data analysis showed that the maximum total height, crown diameter and trees quality were observed in E. camaldulensis 41-sh. While E. viminalis 168-sh showed maximum diameter at breast height and E. camaldulensis 41-ch the heigheststanding stock volume, volume increment and quality in compare to other species. Eucalyptus suggrandis ssp. Suggrandis, E. camaldulensis 41-sh and E. microcarpa were most resistant to cold. The maximum rate of survival was measured in E. sargentii and the lowest in E. rubida 166-sh. Total height was found to be the most important factor in extraction data variance. E. camaldulensis is recommended for wood production and E. sargentii is suggested for soil and water conservation in infertile lands of Saveh.
- Ahmed, I.M., Dai, H., Zheng, W., Cao, F., Zhang, G., Sun, D. and Wu, F., 2013. Genotypic differences in physiological characteristics in the tolerance to drought and salinity combined stress between Tibetan wild and cultivated barley. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 63(1): 49-60.
- Assareh, M.H. and Shariat, A., 2009. Salinity resistance in germination stage and growth stage in some Eucalyptusspecies. Journal of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources, 15(6): 1-14 (In Persian).
- Avimore, A.H., 2010. Energy forestry exemplar trials updates. Forestry Commission, Scotland, 26p.
- Clayton-Greene, K.A., 1983. The tissue water relationships of Callitris columellaris, Eucalyptus melliodora and E. microcarpa investigated using the pressure-volume technique. Oecologia, 57(3): 368-373.
- Donaldson, D.R. and Standiford, R.B., 1984. Eucalyptus fuelwood growth rate improves with age. California Agriculture, 38(3): 18-19.
- Flores, H.J.M., Avalos, V.M.C., Rincon, M.N., Magana, J.G. and Reyes, J.T.S., 2013. Development of three commercial plantations of Eucalyptus camaldulensis Dehnh. established in the municipality of Buenavista, Michoacan, Mexico. Foresta Veracruzana, 15(2): 23-30.
- Gómez-del-Campo, M. and Barranco, D., 2005. Field evaluation of frost tolerance in 10 olive cultivars. Plant Genetic Resources, 3(3): 385-390.
- Goodarzi, G.R., 2015. Investigation on adaptability and performance of industrial Eucalypt provenances at different ecological zones (Markazi province-Saveh).Final Report of Research Project,Published by Research Institute of Forest and Rangelands, Tehran, 39p(In Persian).
- Hamzehpour, M., Sardabi, H., Bordbar, K., Joukar, L. and Abbasi, A.R., 2012. Investigation on establishment of some industrial Eucalyptus species and provenances in Kazerun, Fars province. Iranian Journal of Forests and Poplar Research, 20(2): 217-232 (In Persian).
- Hemmati, A., 1997. Aadaptation trials for various tree and shrub species at non-irrigated conditions in Lorestan province. Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institute of Forest and Rangelands, Tehran, 88p (In Persian).
- Jamali, B., 1984. Preliminary results on cultivation of Eucalyptus species. Safiabad Agricultural Research Center, Dezful, 26p (In Persian).
- Javanshir, K. and Mosadegh, A., 1972. Eucalyptus. University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 434p (In Persian).
- Jazireii, M.H., 1992. Investigation on adaptability a few species of Eucalyptus in the northern slopes of the Alborz, progress report in crop year 1991-1992. Published by Forests, Range and Watershed Management Organization, Tehran, 59p (In Persian).
- Karamian, R., Sardabi, H., Mohammadian, A., Mehdifar, D. and Darvishian, K., 2015. Investigation on adaptability and performance of industrial Eucalyptus provenances at Khorramabad in Lorestan province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 23(1): 167-177 (In Persian).
- Lemcoff, J.H., Guarnaschelli, A.B., Garau, A.M. and Prystupa, P., 2002. Elastic and osmotic adjustments in rooted cuttings of several clones of Eucalyptus camaldulensis Dehnh. from southeastern Australia after a drought. Flora, 197(2): 134-142.
- McMahon, L., George, B. and Hean, R., 2010. Primefact 1054a tree smart factsheet: Eucalyptus camaldulensis. Industry and Investment NSW, Australia, 6p.
- Mortazavi Jahromi, S.M., 1994. Introduction of adaptable Eucalyptus species to the west of Fars province. Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institute of Forest and Rangelands, Tehran, 71p (In Persian).
- Purse, J.G. and Richardson, K.F., 2001. Short rotation single stem tree crops for energy in the UK- an examination with Eucalyptus. Aspects of Applied Biology, Biomass and Energy Crops II, 65: 13-20.
- Quorani, M., 2003. Research on adaptability and growth of Eucalyptus. Shafa-Rud Company, Shafa-Rud Education Forest Authority, Gilan, 55p (In Persian).
- Rad, M.H., 2015. Investigation on adaptability and performance of industrial eucalypt provenances at Yazd ecological. Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institute of Forest and Rangelands, Tehran, 42p (In Persian).
- Rad, M.H., Assare, M.H. and Soltani, M., 2015. Effects of different soil moisture regimes on some physiological characteristics of two Eucalypts (E. microtheca and E. sargentii). Iranian Journal of Rangelands and Forests Plant Breeding and Genetic Research, 23(1): 125-133 (In Persian).
- Rad, M.H., Jaimand, K., Assareh, M.H. and Soltani, M., 2013. Effects of drought stress on the quantity and quality of essential oil and water use efficiency in Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus camaldulensis Dehnh.). Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 29(4): 772-782 (In Persian).
- Rarivoson, C., Vincelette, M., Sitandy, T. and Mara, R., 2008. Growth results of five non-native fast growing species used to reforest sandy and nutrient poor soils. Biodiversity, Ecology and Conservation of Littoral Ecosystems in Southeastern Madagascar, Tolagnaro, 336p.
- Ravanbakhsh, H. and Eghrary, S., 2014. Study on growth coppice trees of Eucalyptus in Semnan city. Proceeding of the 2th National Conference on the Desert, with Approach of Deserts and Arid Land Management. Semnan, Iran, 11-12 Nov. 2014: 1-7 (In Persian).
- Sadati, S.E., Dastmalchi, M., Rezaei, S.A.A. and Mostafanezhad, S.R., 2004. Three Eucalyptus species trail on central coastal lands of Caspian Sea in Iran. Iranian Journal of Forests and Poplar Research, 12(1): 61-78 (In Persian).
- Sagheb Talebi, Kh., Dastmalchi, M., Vaziri, E., Web, D.B., Latifi, M.F., Diyanatnejad, E. and Sardabi, H., 1997. Research adaptability of non-native trees in Gilan province. The results of compatibility tests of tree species (hardwoods). Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institute of Forest and Rangelands, Tehran, 75p (In Persian).
- Saleheh Shooshtari, M.H. and Rouhipour, H., 2006. Eucalyptus species trial on sandy dunes of Khuzestan province (Iran). Iranian Journal of Forests and Poplar Research, 13(4): 475-499 (In Persian).
- Sardabi, H. and Tavakkoli-Neko, H., 2017. Adaptation and performance of six Eucalypt species irrigated with Qom sewage: 433-448. In: Abdalla, O., Kacimov, A., Chen, M., Al-Maktoumi, A., Al-Hosni, T. and Clark, I. (Eds). Water Resources in Arid Areas: The Way Forward. Springer Water. Springer, Cham, 521p.
- Sardabi, H., 1998. Compatibility of different species of Eucalyptus and Pinus in coastal areas and low-elevation in east of Mazandaran province. Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institute of Forest and Rangelands, Tehran, 133p (In Persian).
- Sardabi, H., 2015. Investigation on adaptability and performance of industrial Eucalypt provenances at different ecological zones (Tehran province). Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institute of Forest and Rangelands, Tehran, 26p (In Persian).
- Tanvir, M.A., Siddiquit, M.T. and Shah, A.H., 2002. Growth and price trend of Eucalyptus camaldulensis in central Punjab. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 4(3): 344-346.
- Telvari, A., 1981. A brief report afforestation research projects in Khuzestan. Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institute of Forest and Rangelands, Tehran, 26p (In Persian).
- Wei, H., Dhanaraj, A.L., Arora, R., Rowland, L.J., Fu, Y. and Sun, L., 2006. Identification of cold acclimation-responsive Rhododendron genes for lipid metabolism, membrane transport and lignin biosynthesis: importance of moderately abundant ESTs in genomic studies. Plant, Cell and Environment, 29(4): 558-570.
- Zahid, D.M., Shah, F.R. and Majeed, A., 2010. Planting Eucalytpus in arid environment-Is it useful species under water deficit system. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 42(3): 1733-1744.