عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was identification of ecosystem units in Arasbaran forests and determination of effective environmental factors and biodiversity indices on their distribution. For this purpose, 130 circular plots with an area of 314 m2 were examined in a random - systematic design with 300 × 300 m dimensions. Tree and shrub species in the original sample plots were measured. Species, canopy cover and vegetation cover were considered as basic measurement criteria. Herbaceous species were studied in micro sample plots, each 3.14 m2. Six ecological groups were classified using two-way analysis of indicator species (TWINSPAN) and comparative analysis (RA) methods. Analysis of groups was performed by applying analysis of variance and discriminant analysis based on topographic and biodiversity index. The discriminative analysis showed that altitude and gradient-direction as two topography variable, and the Margalef richness index, evenness indices of Smith - Wilson, Sheldon and Simpson, and heterogeneity (diversity) indices of Simpson, Hill (N1) and Shannon-Wiener were the five important indices which were significant (α = 0.01) which confirmed the accuracy of the classification at 83.8%. Therefore, it was concluded that topographical characteristics had more influence on the formation of ecosystem units than plant biodiversity indices. We also concluded that the ecological classification system can present a suitable prediction of environmental characteristics.
- Aghaei, R., Alvaninejad, S., Basiri, R. and. Zolfaghari, R., 2013.Relationship between ecological species groups and environmental factors (Case study: Vezg-e region in southeast of Yasuj). Iranian Journal of Applied Ecology, 1(2): 53-64 (In Persian).
- Alijanpour, A., Eshaghi Rad, J. and Banej Shafiei, A., 2011. The effect of physiographical factors on qualitative and quantitative characteristics of Cornus mas L. in Arasbaran forests. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 19(3): 396-407 (In Persian).
- Barbour, M.G., Burk, J.H., Pills, W.D., Gilliam, F.S. and Gchwarts, M.W., 1999. Terrestrial Plant Ecology. Third Edition, Benjamin Cummings, Menlo Park, California, 649p.
- Basiri, R., 2003. The ecological study of Quercus libani Oliv. growth with environmental factors analysis in Marivan, Kurdistan province in Iran. Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources and Marine Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Noor, 123p (In Persian).
- Beers, T.W., Dress, P.E. and Wensel, L.C., 1966. Aspect transformation in site productivity research. Journal of Forestry, 80: 493-498.
- Cain, S.A., 1938. The species-area curve. American Midland Naturalist, 19(1): 573-581.
- Dufrene, M. and Legendre P., 1997. Species assemblages and indicator species: the need for a flexible asymmetrical approach. Ecological Monographs, 67: 345-36.
- Esmailzadeh, O., Hosseini, S.M., Tabari, M. and Asadi, H., 2011. Classification system analysis in classification of forest plant communities (Case study: Darkola's beech forest). Iranian Journal of Plant Biology, 3(7): 11-28 (In Persian).
- Fallahchai, M. and Marvi Mohajer, M.R., 2005. The ecological role of altitude in diversity of tree species in Siahkal forest, the north of Iran. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 58(1): 89-98 (In Persian).
- Ghalandar Ayeshi, Sh., 2003. The investigation of tree cover changes and its relationship with soil physical and chemical properties in Cheshmeh Bolbol box tree community. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, 104p (In Persian).
- Ghelich Nia, H., 2008. The investigation of plant communities correlation degree with topography (slope and aspect) in Nardin area. Journal of Pajouhesh & Sazandgi, 43: 33-41 (In Persian).
- Haji Mirza Aghaei, S., Jalilvand, H., Kooch, Y. and Poor Majidian, M.R., 2011. Plant diversity with respect to ecological factor of altitude in Sardab Rud forest of Chalous, north of Iran. Iranian Journal of Biology, 24(3): 400-411 (In Persian).
- Kashian, D.M., Barnes, B.V. and Walker, W.S., 2003. Ecological species groups of landform level ecosystem dominated by jack pine in northern Lower Michigan, USA. Plant Ecology, 166(1): 75-91.
- Kialashki, A. and Shabani, S., 2010. The investigation of plant species diversity in ecological groups in Aghoozchal forest (Case study: Kojur, no. 46 basin). Journal of Sciences and Techniques in Natural Resources, 5(1): 29-38 (In Persian).
- Kohgardi, A., 2002. The investigation of relationship between Pistachia-Amygdalus and Prosopis-Ziziphus plant types with soil physical properties and physiographic factors in south of Bushehr province, Iran. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, 74p (In Persian).
- Magurran, A., 2005. Measuring Biological Diversity. Wiley-Blackwell Science, 256p.
-Margalef, R. 1958. Information theory in ecology. General Systematics, 3(1): 36-71.
-Menhinick, E.F., 1964. A comparison of some species individual diversity indices applied to samples of field insects. Ecology, 45(1): 839-861.
- McCune, B. and Mefford, M.J., 1999. PC-ORD, Multivariate analysis of ecological data, Version 4. MjM Software Design, Glenden Beach, Oregon, USA.
- Mohammadzadeh, A., Basiri, R. and Torahi, A.A., 2015. Evaluation of biodiversity of plant species in Arasbaran zone using noun parametric measures with respect to ecological factor of altitude. Iranian Journal of Biology, 27(5): 949-963 (In Persian).
- Pitkanen, S., 1998. The use of diversity indices to assess the diversity of vegetation in managed boreal forests. Forest Ecology and Management, 112(1): 121-137.
- Shannon ,C.E. and Wiener, W., 1949. The Mathematical Theory of Communication. University of Illinois Press, 350p.
- Shimono, A., Ueno, S., Gu, S., Zhao, X., Tsumura, Y. and Tang, Y., 2010. Range shifts of Potentilla fruticosa on the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau during glacial and interglacial periods revealed by chloroplast DNA sequence variation. Heredity, 104(6): 534-542.
- Sheldon, A.L., 1969. Equitability indices: dependence on the species count. Ecology, 50: 466-467.
- Simpson, E.H.,1949. Measurement of diversity. Nature, 163: 688.
- Smith, B. and Wilson, J.B., 1996. A consumer’s guide to evenness indices. Oikos, 76: 70-82.
- Sohrabi, H., Akbarinia, M. and Hoseini, S.M., 2007. The investigation of plant species diversity in ecosystem units in Sourkhdeh forest, Javanrud, Iran. Journal of Environmental Studies, 33(4): 61-68 (In Persian).
- Hill, M.O., 1973. Diversity and evenness: A unifying notation and it’s consequences. Ecology, 54: 427-432.
- Stage, A.R., 1976. An expression for the effect of aspect, slope, and habitat type on tree growth. Forest Science, 22(4): 457-460.
- Taleshi, H. and Akbarinia, M., 2011. Biodiversity of woody and herbaceous vegetation species in relation to environmental factors in lowland forests of eastern Nowshahr, Iran. Iranian Journal of Biology, 24(5): 766-777 (In Persian).
- Witte, J.P.M., 2002. The descriptive capacity of ecological plant species groups. Plant Ecology, 162(2): 199-213.
- Woldewahid, G., Van der Werf, W., Sykora, K., Abate, T., Mostofa, B. and Van Huits, A., 2007. Description of plant communities on the red sea coastal plain of Sudan. Journal of Arid Environments, 68(1): 113-131.
- Zahedi Amiri, Gh., 1998. Relation between ground vegetation and soil characteristics in a mixed hardwood stand. Ph.D. thesis, Ghent University, Ghent, 319p.