عنوان مقاله [English]
Oriental beech (Fagus orientalis Lipsky) is one of the most valuable tree species that covers 17.6% of the area and make up 30% of the stand volume in the Hyrcanian forests. This study aimed to update the form factor and to improve the volume table of this species. For this purpose, we applied random sampling method to collect field data from 150 beech trees in different diameter at breast height (D.B.H) classes (30-135 cm) based on inventory and marking list of 2015-2016. The sample trees were distributed in five forest management plan area including Livan, Vatana, Kordkuy, Shamushak, and Dr. Bahramnia. In each tree, D.B.H and diameter at 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 and 0.9 of tree height, as well as diameter at two tops of 2 m long logs were measured. Finally the tree volume, true, natural, artificial and Hohnadl form factor for each tree was computed. The results showed that true, natural, artificial, and Hohnadl form factor value were 0.503, 0.464, 0.407 and 0.454, respectively. There were significant statistical differences between the true, artificial and natural with Hohnadl form factor (α = 0.05). The difference between true and natural form factor was not significant. Also, the results showed that there was significant difference between the computed volume and the volume driven from volume table (tariff); the greatest differences between the mentioned volumes estimated was mainly in the large D.B.H classes. According to the results, we can conclude that the natural form factor can be applied to determine the beech form factor.
- Adekunle, V.A.J., 2007. Non-linear regression models for timber volume estimation in natural forest ecosystem, Southwest Nigeria. Research Journal of Forestry, 1(2):40-54.
- Adekunle, V.A.J., Akindele, S.O. and Fuwape, J.A., 2004. Structure and yield models for tropical lowland rainforest ecosystem of SW Nigeria. Food, Agriculture and Environment, 2: 395-399.
- Adekunle, V.A.J., Nair, K.N., Srivastava, A.K. and Singh, N.K., 2013. Models and form factors for stand volume estimation in natural forest ecosystems: a case study of Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary (KGWS), Bahraich District, India. Journal of Forestry Research, 24(2): 217-226.
- Akindele S.O. and LeMay, V.M., 2006. Development of tree volume equations for common timber species in the tropical rain forest area of Nigeria. Forest Ecology and Management, 226(1-3): 41-48.
- Altriell, D., Branthomme, A. and Tavani, R., 2010. Assessing growing stock and stock changes through multi-purpose national forest monitoring and assessment. FAO Forest Resources Assessment Program Working Paper, Rome. Available at: www.fao.org.
- Amini, M., Namiranian, M., Saghebtalebi, Kh., Parsapajouh, D. and Amini, R., 2007. Trunk morphology of beech trees (Fagus orientalis Lipsky)on biometrical and silvicultural criteria (Case study: Haftkhal Forest, sari, north of Iran). Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 60(3): 843-858 (In Persian).
- Asli, A., Behgel, D. and Zobetri, M., 1976. Volume table for ذeech species in Patom series of Kheiroudkenar forest. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 34: 1-20 (In Persian).
- Avery, T.E. and Burkhart, H.E., 2002. Forest Measurements. 5th edition, McGraw-Hill, New York, 456p.
- Bonyad, A.E., Torkaman, J. and Rohi, A., 2013. Growth stages and site components influence on form factors of beech (Fagus orientalis Lipsky). Iranian Journal of Forest, 5(2):109-117 (In Persian).
- Colgan, M. S., Swemmer, T. and Asner, G.P., 2014. Structural relationships between form factor, wood density, and biomass in African savanna woodlands. Trees, 28(1): 91-102.
- Fadaei, F., Fallah, A., Latifi, H. and Mohammadi, K., 2008. Determining the best form factor formula for Loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) plantations at the age of 18, in Guilan-northern Iran. Caspian Journal of Environmental Sciences, 6(1): 19-24.
- Figueiredo-Filho, A., Borders, B. E., & Hitch, K. L. 1996. Taper equations for Pinus taeda plantations in Southern Brazil. Forest Ecology and Management, 83(1): 39-46.
- Inoue, A., 2006. A model for the relationship between form-factors for stem volume and those for stem surface area in coniferous species. Journal of Forest Research, 11(4): 289-294.
- Lee, W.K., Seo, J.H., Son, Y.M., Lee, K.H. and Von Gadow, K., 2003. Modeling stem profiles for Pinus densiflora in Korea. Forest Ecology and Management, 172(1): 69-77.
- Lindner, M. and Karjalainen, T., 2007. Carbon inventory methods and carbon mitigation potentials of forests in Europe: a short review of recent progress. European Journal of Forest Research, 126: 149-156.
- Mirabdollahi, M., Bonyad, A.E., Torkaman, J. and Bakhhshandeh, B., 2011. Study on tree form of Oriental Beech (Fagus orientalis Lipsky) in different growth stages (Case study: Lomir forest). Iranian Journal of Forest, 3(3): 79-92 (In Persian).
- Mohammadi, J., 2015. Improving in estimation of some forest structure quantitative characteristics by combining the Lidar and digital aerial images in Shast Kalate hardwood forests of Gorgan. Ph.D. Thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sand NR, Gorgan, 241p (In Persian).
- Moser, J.W. and Hall, J.B., 1969. Deriving growth and yield functions for uneven-aged forest stands. Forest Science, 15: 183-188
- Muhairwe, C.K., 1999. Taper equations for Eucalpytus pilularis and Eucalyptus grandis for the north coast in New South Wales Australia. Forest Ecology and Management, 113: 251-269.
- Namiranian, M., 2005. An investigatian of the ash species inventory at Gorazbon district in the educational and research forests of Kheiroodkenar. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 57(4): 689-702 (In Persian).
- Namiranian, M., 2006. Tree Measurement and Forest Biometry. University of Tehran Press, 574p (In Persian).
- Newnham, R.M., 1992. Variable-form taper functions for four Alberta tree species. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 22: 210-223.
- Nouri. Z., Zubairi, M., Feghei. J. and Marvi Mohajer, M.R., 2013. An investigation on the forest structure and trees spatial pattern in Fagus orientalis stands of Hyrcanian forests of Iran (Case study: Gorazbon district of Kheyrud forest). Journal of Natural Environment (Iranian Journal of Natural Resources), 66(1): 113-125 (In Persian).
- Resaneh, Y., Moshtagh, M.H. and Salehi, P., 2000. Quantitative study of North forests. Proccedings of the National Seminar of Management and Sustainable Development of North Forests, Iran, Ramsar, Forest and Range Organization Press, 6-7 Sep. 2000: 55-79 (In Persian).
- Sadeghian, J., 2003. Carpinus betulus (Hornbeam) forests of Mazandaran in different ways in various form factors. M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, 85p (In Persian).
- Socha, J., 2002. A taper model for Norway spruce (Picea abies (L.) Karst.). Electronic Journal of Polish Agricultural Universities. Series: Forestry, 5(2): 132-143.
- Socha, J. and Kulej. M., 2007. Variation of the tree form factor and taper in European larch of Polish provenances tested under conditions of the Beskid Sadecki mountain range (southern Poland). Journal of Forest Science, 53(12): 538-547.
- Zobeiry, M. and Najaran, Gh., 1985. Study of tree form factor of oriental beech(Fagus orientalis Lipsky) inVaysarforest. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 38: 33-37 (In Persian).
- Zobeiry, M. 2006. Forest Inventory. Fifth edition, University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 401p (In Persian).