عنوان مقاله [English]
Mahaleb cherry (Cerasus mahaleb L.) is endangered duetoitslimitedecological distribution, weak natural regeneration and seedling propagation problems. In order to determine suitable methods for rooting and seedling production of C. mahaleb by hardwood cuttings with treatments of auxin in November and March, an experiment was carried out in a complete randomized design. Treatments were application of Indole Butyric Acid (IBA) at concentrations (0 as control, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, and 8000 mg l-1) and Naphtaline Acetic Acid (NAA) at concentrations (0 as control, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000 mg l-1). After rooting, rooted cuttings were transferred to the field condition in fure rows with 70 cm distance. After one season of growth, five seedlings were excluded of the substrate and assessed for characteristics. Results showed that concentration of 2000 mg l-1 IBA and 1000 mg l-1 NAA in both of November and March are the best treatments for the percentage of rooting, total seedling dry weight, root area, leaf area, height, relative water content, and chlorophyll characteristics. High auxins concentration caused a decrease in all the characteristics studied. Percentage of rooting and chlorophyll were significantly higher in November than to March in auxin treatments. It is concluded dipping in 2000 mg l-1 IBA is the best treatment for rooting of its hardwood cuttings.
- Ahmadloo, F., Tabari Kouchaksaraei, M. and Goodarzi, Gh.R., 2016. Effects of IBA, bacterial and mycorrhizal treatments on the rooting of Crataegus pseudoheterophylla Pojark cuttings. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 24(2): 344-355 (In Persian).
- Alizadeh, A., 2004. The Relationship of Water, Soil and Plant. 4th Edition, Imam Reza Press, Mashhad, 470p (In Persian).
- Aslmoshtaghi, E. and Shahsavar, A.R., 2010. Endogenous soluble sugars, starch contents and phenolic compounds in easy and difficult-to-root olive cuttings. Journal of Biological & Environmental Sciences, 4: 83-86.
- Badenes, M.L. and Byrne, D.H., 2012. Fruit Breeding. Springer-Verlag, New York, 64p.
- Christov, C. and Koleva, A., 1995. Stimulation of root initiation in hardwood sweet and sour cherry rootstocks (Prunus mahaleb L.). Bulgarion Journal of Physiology, 21(1): 68-72.
- Dhopte, A.M. and Manuel, L.M., 2002. Principles and Techniques for Plant Scientists. Agrobios India Press, Odhpur, 373p.
- Erez, A., 1984. Improving the rooting of peach hardwood cuttings under out door winter conditions. HortScience, 19: 245-247.
- Esitken, A., Ercisli, S., Sevik, I. and Sahin, F., 2003. Effect of indole-3-butyric acid and different strains of Agrobacterium rubi on adventive root formation from softwood and semi-hardwood wild sour cherry cuttings. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 27: 37-42.
- Exadaktylou, E., Thomidis, T., Grout, B., Zakynthinos, G. and Tsipouridis, C., 2009. Methods to improve the rooting of hardwood cuttings of the ‘Gisela 5’ cherry rootstock. Hort Technology, 19(2): 254-259.
- Hakeem Kontoh, I., 2016. Effect of growth regulators and soil media on the propagation of Voacanga africana stem cuttings. Agroforestry Systems, 90: 479-488.
- Hartmann, H.T., Kester, D.E., Davies, F.T. and Geneve, R.L., 1997. Plant Propagation Principles and Practices. Prentice Hall Eng. Cliffs Press, New Jersey, 115p.
- Husen, A. and Pal, M., 2007. Metabolic changes during adventitious root primordium development in Tectona grandis Linn. F. (teak) cuttings as affected by age of donor plants and auxin (IBA and NAA) treatment. New Forests, 33: 309-323.
- İsfendiyaroğlu, M., Özeker, E. and Başer, S., 2009. Rooting of 'Ayvalik' olive cuttings in different media. Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research, 7(1): 165-172.
- Jazireyi, M.H. and Ebrahimi Rastaghi, M., 2003. Zagros Silviculture. Tehran University Press, Tehran, 560p (In Persian).
- Koyuncu, F. and Senel, E., 2003. Rooting of black mulberry (Morus nigra L.) hardwood cuttings. Journal of Fruit and Ornamental Plant Research, 11: 53-57.
- Lichtenthaler, H.K. and Wellburn, A.R., 1983. Determinations of total carotenoids and chlorophylls a and b in leaf extracts in different solvents. Biochemical Society Transactions, 11: 591-592.
- Özyurt, K.I., Akca, Y. and Demirsoy, H., 2012. Propagation of some mahaleb genotypes (Prunus mahaleb L.) and reference rootstock SL64 with cuttings. Scientific Journal of Gaziosmanpaşa University, 1: 90-96.
- Sabeti, H., 2008. Forests, Trees and Shrubs of Iran. Yazd University Press, Yazd, 886p (In Persian).
- Sándor, G., Bodor, P., Jócsák, I., Brunori, A., Tóth, M. and Végvári, G., 2010. Hardwood cuttings preparation timing and effect on the IBA uptake and metabolism in Prunus rootstocks. Propagation Ornamental Plants, 10(2): 75-80.
- Selby, C. and Kennedy, S.J., 1992. Adventitious root formation in hypocotyl cuttings of Picea sitchensis: the influence of plant growth regulators. New Phytologist, 120: 453-457.
- Sohrabi, S.R., Sagheb Talebi, K.H. and Khademi, K., 2009. Site demands and some silvicultural characteristic of Caucasian false walnut (Pterocarya fraxinifolia Spach.) in Lorestan province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 16(3): 343-353 (In Persian).
- Sulusoglu, M. and Cavusoglu, A., 2010. Vegetative propagation of Cherry laurel (Prunus laurocerasus L.) using semi-hardwood cuttings. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 5(23): 3196-3202.
- Tajbakhsh, M., Korkan, M. and Ghiyasi, M., 2009. Effect of timing on callus formation and rooting ability in IBA treated hardwood stem cuttings of Persian walnut, hazelnut and apple. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca, 37(1): 103-107.
- Thimann, K.V., 2008. Auxin and the inhibition of plant growth. Biological Reviews, 14: 314-337.
- Tsipouridis, C., Thomidis, T. and Michailides, Z., 2005. Inﬂuence of some external factors on the rooting of GF677 peach and nectarine shoot hardwood cuttings. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture, 45(1): 107-113.