عنوان مقاله [English]
Spatial pattern is an important parameter in ecology of forest communities. Lebanon oak (Quercus libani Oliv.) as a native species covers 24% of northern Zagros forests. Quercus libani plays a significant role in ecological and social conditions of local people. Hence, the present study was conducted to investigate the spatial pattern of this oak species based on T-square sampling in Belake forests, northern Zagros. For this purpose, a 40-ha area was inventoried based on distance method. Systematic- random method with 25×25 m2 plots was used for inventory. A total of 43 random points with 100m distance were determined. Eberhardt, Hines, Hopkines, C index and Index of dispersion were used for dispersion pattern and the results were tested at 5% level. Eberhardt's index, Hines, Hopkines and Index of dispersion showed disperse pattern, while C index indicated clump pattern. But only Eberhardt's index result was significant. Our results can be applied as a useful tool in developing the management programs, afforestation and reforestation programs in order to protect the endangerd ecosystems.
- Avila, V.L., 1995. Biology: Investigating Life on Earth. Jones & Bartlett Publishers, Massachusetts, 855p.
- Basiri, R., Sohrabi, H. and Mozayen, M., 2006. A statistical analysis of the spatial pattern of trees species in Ghamisheleh Marivan region, Iran. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 59: 579-588 (In Persian).
- Camarero, J.J., Gutierrrez, E. and Fortin, M.J., 2000. Spatial pattern of sub-alpine grassland ecotones in the Spanish central Pyrenees. Forest Ecology and Management, 134: 1-16.
- Erfanifard, Y., Feghhi, J., Zobeiri, M. and Namiranian, M., 2008a. Investigation on the spatial pattern of trees in Zagros forests. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 60(4): 1319-1328 (In Persian).
- Erfanifard, Y., Feghhi, J., Zobeiri, M. and Namiranian, M., 2008b. Comparison of two distance methods for forest spatial analysis (Case study: Zagros forests of Iran). Journal of Applied Sciences, (8)1: 152-157.
- Erfanifard, Y., Feghhi, J., Zobeiri, M. and Namiranian, M., 2009. Spatial pattern analysis in Persian oak (Quercus brantii var. persica) forests on B&W aerial photographs. Environmental Monitoring Assessment, 150: 251-259.
- Erfanifard, Y., Mahdian, F., Fallah shamsi, R. and Bordbar, K., 2012. The efficiency of distance-and density-based indices in estimating the spatial pattern of tree in forests (Case study: Wild Pistachio research forest, Fars province, Iran). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(3): 379-392 (In Persian).
- Getzin, S.C., Dean, F., He, J., Trofymow, K. and Wiegend, T., 2006. Spatial patterns and competition of tree species in a Douglas-fir chronosequence on Vancouver Island. Ecography, 29: 671-682.
- Ghazanfari, H., Namiranian, M., Sobhani, H., Marvi Mohajer, M.R. and Pourtahmasi, K., 2005. An estimation of tree diameter growth of Lebanon Oak (Quercus libani) in Northern Zagros forests (Case study: Havarehkhol). Journal of Forest and Wood Product (Iranian Journal of Natural Resources), 57(4): 649-662 (In Persian).
- Hegazy, A.K. and Kabiel, H.F., 2007. Significance of microhabitat heterogeneity in the spatial pattern and size class structure of Anastatica hierochuntical. Acta Oecologica, 31: 332-342.
- Heidari, M., Namiranian, M., Zobeiri, M. and Gahramany, L., 2014. Investigation on appropriate inventory method for determining structure of Northern Zagros forests (Case study: Blake forests, Baneh). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 21(3): 467-480 (In Persian).
- Heidari, R., 2008. Distance Sampling in Forest Inventory Methods. Razi University Press, Kermanshah, 122p (In Persian).
- Heidari, R.H., Namiranian, M., Zobeiri, M. and Sobhani, H., 2008. Sampling study of applicability of point-center quarter method in Zagros forests (Case study: Kermanshah province). Journal of Forest and Wood Product (Iranian Journal of Natural Resources), 61(1): 85-97 (In Persian).
- Jayaraman, K., 1999. A Statistical Manual for Forestry Research. Published by FAO, Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok, 231p.
- Khanhasani, M., Akhavan, R., Sagheb Talebi, Kh. and Vardanyan, Z.H., 2015. The effect of environmental factors on distribution of three oak species (Q. brantii Lindl., Q. libani Oliv. and Q. infectoria Oliv.) in Northern Zagros forests. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 23(3): 549-561 (In Persian).
- Kiani, B., Fallah, A., Tabari, M., Hosseini, S.M. and Iran-Nejad Parizi, M.H., 2013. Comparing Distance-based and Quadrate-based methods to identify spatial pattern of Saxaul Haloxylon ammodenderon C.A.Mey (Siah-Kooh region, Yazd province). Journal of Forest and Wood Product (Iranian Journal of Natural Resources), 65(4): 475-486 (In Persian).
- Kint, V., 2005. Structural development in ageing temperate Scots pine stands. Forest Ecology and Management, 214: 237-250.
- Krebs, C.J., 1999. Ecological Methodology. 2th Edition, Addison-Welsey Educational Publishers, Inc., Menlo Park, California, 620p.
- Kunstler, G., Curt, T. and Lepart J., 2004. Spatial pattern of beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) and oak (Quercus pubescens Mill.) seedling in natural pine (Pinus sylvestris L.) woodland. European Journal of Forest Research, 123: 331-337.
- Linares-Palomino, R., 2005. Spatial distribution patterns of trees in a seasonally dry forest in the Cerros de Amotape National Park, northwestern Peru. Biology, 12(2): 317-326.
- Ludwig, J.A. and Reynolds, J.F., 1988. Statistical Ecology: A Primer on Methods and Computing. 1th Edition, Wiley-Interscience Publication, New York, 368p.
- Maroufi, H., Talebi, S., Fattahi, M. and Sadri, M., 2006. Determination of the habitat requirements and yield as libani in Kurdistan province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 13(4): 417-445 (In Persian).
- Mirjalili, A.B., Dianati Tilaki, G.H. and Baghestani, N., 2008. Comparison of five distance methods to measuring density of bush-lands of Tang-e-Laybod region, Yazd province. Iranian Journal of Rangeland and Desert Research, 15(3): 295-303 (In Persian).
- Moeur, M., 1993. Characterizing spatial patterns of trees using stem-mapped data. Forest Science, 39: 756-775.
- Mouro, S.M., García, L.V., Marañón,T. and Freitas, H., 2007. Recruitment patterns in a Mediterranean oak forest: a case study showing the importance of the spatial component. Forest Science, 53(6): 645-652.
- Musaei Sanjarei, M. and Basiri, M., 2007. Comparison and evaluation of indices of dispersion patterns of plants on Artemisia sieberi shrublands in Yazd province. Journal of Water and Soil Science (Journal of Science and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources), 11(40): 483-495 (In Persian).
- Nouri, Z., Zobeiri, M., Feghhi, J. and Marvi Mohajer, M., 2013. An investigation on the forest structure and trees spatial pattern in Fagus orientalis stands of Hyrcanian forests of Iran (Case study: Gorazbon district of Kheyrud Forest). Journal of Natural Environment (Iranian Journal of Natural Resources), 66(1): 113-125 (In Persian).
- Perfecto, I. and Vandermeer, J., 2008. Biodiversity conservation in tropical agroecosystems: a new conservation paradigm. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1134: 173-200.
- Pourbabaei, H., Zandi Navgaran, Sh. and Adel, M.N., 2012. Spatial pattern of three oak species in Chenare forest of Marivan, Kurdistan. Journal of Natural Environment (Iranian Journal of Natural Resources), 65(3): 329-339 (In Persian).
- Pourhashemi, M., Marvi Mohajer, M.R., Zobeiri, M., Zahedi Amiri, Gh. and Panahi, P., 2004. Identification of forest vegetation units in support of government management objectives in Zagros forests, Iran. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 19(4): 72-77.
- Safari, A., Shabanian, N., Erfanifard, S.Y., Heidari, R.H. and Purreza, M., 2010. Investigation of spatial pattern of wild pistachio (Pistacia atlantica Desf.) (Case study: Bayangan forests, Kermanshah). Iranian Journal of Forest, 2(2): 177-185 (In Persian).
- Sagheb Talebi, Kh., Sajedi, T. and Pourhashemi, M., 2014. Forests of Iran: A Treasure from the Past, A Hope for the Future. Springer, Netherland, 152p.
- Wolf, A., 2005. Fifty year record of change in tree spatial patterns within a mixed deciduous forest. Forest Ecology and Managent, 21: 212-223.