عنوان مقاله [English]
The response of plants to water available for strategy codification of water resources and irrigation is very important. In this study, evapotranspiration, crop coefficient, yield and water use efficiency in two species of Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus flocktoniae (Maiden) Maiden, E. leucoxylon F. Muell.) through lysimeter experiments were determinated under different soil moisture levels (100%, 70% and 40% of field capacity). The research was designed as a factorial experiment on a completely randomized design with three replications in Yazd climatic conditions. The results showed that with increasing soil moisture in both species, evapotranspiration increased, so that there were significant differences between the different levels of soil moisture treatments (p < 0.001). E. flocktoniae and E. leucoxylon had water requirement in 100% of field capacity treatment, 1185 mm and 1617 mm with 0.65 and 0.88 crop coefficients, respectively. Dry matter produced in all parts and the water use efficiency (WUE) of E. leucoxylon were significantly higher than that of E. flocktoniae, Water use efficiency measured in E. flocktoniae and E. leucoxylon, were 1.22 g/lit and 1.41 g/lit, respectively. Although the growth rate of E. leucoxylon is faster than E. flocktoniae , therefore its water requirement is higher , but considering an appropriate mechanisms for drought adaptation, it could be introduced for afforestation and wood production in arid and semi-arid regions.
- Al-Jamal, M.S., Sammis, T.W., Mexal, J.G., Picchioni, G.A. and Zachritz, W.H., 2002. A growth-irrigation scheduling model for wastewater use in forest production. Agricultural Water Management, 56(1): 57-79.
- Asareh, M.H., 2001. Adaptation of new species of eucalyptus in tropical regions of Iran. Final Report, Published by Agricultural Center for Information Science and Technology (ACIST), available at: http://184.108.40.206/simwebclt, N.R: 39817 (In Persian).
- Bolger, T.P. and Matches, A.G., 1990. Water use efficiency and yield of sainfoin and alfa. Crop Science, 30: 143-148.
- Dunin, F.X. and Mackay, S.M., 1982. Evaporation of eucalypt and coniferous forest communities: 18-25. In: O’Loughlin, E.M. and Bren, L.J. (Eds.). Proceedings of the First National Symposium on Forest Hydrology. Published by Institution of Engineers, Melbourne, Australia, 11-13 May. 1982: 18-25.
- Dye, P.J., 2000. Water use efficiency in South African Eucalyptus plantations: a review. South African Forestry Journal, 189: 17-26.
- Gebre, G.M., Kuhns, M.R. and Brandle, J.R., 1994. Organic solute accumulation and dehydration tolerance in tree water-stressed Populus deltoides clones.Tree Physiology,14: 575-587.
- Gindaba, J., Rozanov, A. and Negash, L., 2005. Photosynthetic gas exchange, growth and biomass allocation of two Eucalyptus and three indigenous tree species of Ethiopia under moisture deficit. Forest Ecology and Management, 205(1): 127-138.
- Girona, J., Mata, M., Goldhamer, D.A., Johnson, R.S. and DeJong, T.M., 1993. Patterns of soil and tree water status and leaf functioning during regulated deficit irrigation scheduling in peach. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science, 118(5): 580-586.
- Le Roux, D., Stock, W.D., Bond, W.J. and Maphanga, D., 1996. Drymass allocation, water use efficiency and d13C in clones of Eucalyptus grandis, E. camaldulensis and E. nitens grown under two irrigation regimes. Tree Physiology, 16: 497-502.
- Li, C., 1999. Carbon isotope composition, water-use efficiency and biomass productivity of Eucalyptus micotheca populations under different water supplies. Plant and Soil, 214: 165-171.
- Marron, N., Delay, D., Petit, J.M., Dreyer, E., Kahlem, G., Delmotte, F.M. and Brignolas, F., 2002. Physiological traits of two Populus euramericana clones, Luisa Avanzo and Dorskamp, during a water stress and re-watering cycle. Tree Physiology,22: 849-858.
- Marron, N., Dreyer, E., Boudouresque, E., Delay, D., Petit, J.M., Delmotte, F.M. and Brignolas, F., 2003. Impact of successive drought and re-watering cycles on growth and specific leaf area of two Populus canadensis (Moench) clones, ‘Dorskamp’ and ‘Luisa_Avanzo’. Tree Physiology,23: 1225-1235.
- Medrano, H., Tomás, M., Martorell, S., Flexas, J., Hernández, E., Rosselló, J., Pou, A., Escalona, J.M. and Bota, J., 2015. From leaf to whole-plant water use efficiency (WUE) in complex canopies: limitations of leaf WUE as a selection target. The Crop Journal, 3(3): 220-228.
- Miller, D.E. and Hang, A.N., 1982. Deficit, high-frequency sprinkler irrigation of wheat. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 46(2): 386-389.
- Rad, M.H., Asareh, M.H., Dashtegian, K. and Soltani, M., 2011. Water requirement and production function of eucalyptus (Eucalyptus camaldulensis) in arid environment. Iranian Journal of Forest, 2(1): 71-78 (In Persian).
- Rad, M.H., Asareh, M.H., Soltani, M. and Tajamoliyan, M., 2013. Determination of water requirement, crop coefficient and water use efficiency of two Eucalyptus species under the lysimetry experiments. Iranian Water Research Journal, 7(12): 71-78 (In Persian).
- Saleheh Shushtari, M.H., Behnamfar, K., Ghadiripour, P. and Farzad, M., 2011. Introduction of some well adapted tree and shrub species in different ecological regions of Khouzestan province. Proceedings of the First Conference of National Botanical Garden of Iran. Tehran, 27 Oct. 2011: 1-14 (In Persian).
- Sinclair, T.R., Tanner, C.B. and Bennet, J.M., 1984. Water-use efficiency in crop production. Biological Science, 34(1): 36-40.
- Xu, H. and Li, Y., 2006. Water-use strategy of three central Asian desert shrubs and their responses to rain pulse events. Plant and Soil, 285(1-2): 5-17.
- Xu, X., Zhang, R., Xue, X. and Zhao, M., 1998. Determination of evapotranspiration in the desert area using lysimeters. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 29(1-2): 1-13.
- Yoo, C.Y., Pence, H.E., Hasegawa, P.M. and Mickelbart, M.V., 2009. Regulation of transpiration to improve crop water use. Critical Reviews in Plant Science, 28(6): 410-431.