عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was investigating the social effects of Brant`s oak (Quercus brantii Lindl.) decline from the forest dwellers point of view. The sample size included 216 persons of Malekshahi county in Ilam province using Cochran formula and stratified-random sampling method. Data were collected by distributing a questionnaire prepared based on the research background, literature review and interview with experts. Factor analysis with exploratory approach was used for identifying and categorizing social effects of oak decline. Based on results, the effecting factors could be categorized in eight groups. Reduction of life quality (12.60%), reduction of responsibility (10.64%), reduction of social participation (9.88%), reduction of social trust (9.70%), reduction of social network of relationships (8.56%), changing attitudes to agriculture and animal husbandry (6.94%), reducing satisfaction from the government (6.78%) and increase in migration (4.91%) were most important factors and social consequences of oak decline on villagers. The mentioned factors explained 70.02% of the total variance. Hence, one can conclude that maximum social impact of oak decline would affect the life quality of people in the study area.
- Abraham, J., 2006. Assessing drought impacts and vulnerabilities for long-term planning and mitigation programs. Ph.D. thesis, Department of Geography and Regional Development, The University of Arizona, Arizona, 47p.
- Adeli, K., Jalilvand, H., Yakhkashi, A. and Fallah, A., 2008. Stability assessment of forest under the influence of nomadic forestry. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 16(1): 23-37 (In Persian).
- Alipour, H., Charsoughi, H. and Gharib, A., 2013. Investigation of the effects of drought on status of farmers' socio-economic, case study: wheat farmers of Nehbandan city. Watershed Management Research, 99: 113-125 (In Persian).
- Bablo, B., Muys, B., Negu, F., Tollens, E., Nyssen, J., Deckers, J. and Mathis, E., 2009. The economic contribution of forest resource use to rural livelihoods in Tigray, Northern Ethiopia. Forest Policy and Economics, 11: 109-117.
- Beikmohammadi, H., Hedayatoolah, N. and, Bazrafshan, J., 2005. The effects of drought on rural economies of Sistan between 1998-2004 and strategies to deal with it. Journal of Geography and Regional Development, 3(5): 53-72 (In Persian).
- Edwards, B., Gray, M. and Hunter, B., 2015. The impact of drought on mental health in rural and regional Australia. Social Indicators Research, 121: 177-194.
- Eltiaminia, R., 2013. Explain the effects and consequences of social and political of environmental problems. The Second National Conference of Planning, Conservation and Protection of Environment and Sustainable Development. Hamedan, 15 Feb. 2013: 51-62 (In Persian).
- Fatemi, M. and Karami, E.A., 2010. The case study of analyzes the causes and effects of drought. Iranian Agricultural Extension and Education Journal, 6(2): 77-96 (In Persian).
- Ghasemi, Gh. and Jafari, A., 2014. Analysis of the appropriate components of the conceptual model ecological monitoring the effects of micro dust in Zagros forests. Proceedings of the Second National Conference of the Forest Sciences. Tehran, 14 May 2014: 41-47 (In Persian).
- Ghorbani, M., Azarnivand, H., Mehrabi, A.A., Bastani, S., Jafari, M. and Nayebi, H., 2013. Social system and network analysis in rangeland co-management (Case study: rangelands of Nariyan village, Taleghan region). Journal of Rangeland, 7(1): 74-85 (In Persian).
- Goulmohammadi, F., Bonyad, A.E., Hassanzad, E. and Mirzaei, J., 2013. The impact of drought phenomenon on dieback of forest trees. The Second National Conference of Protection and Planning of Environment. Hamadan, 27 Jul. 2013: 21-29 (In Persian).
- Habibpour, K. and Safari Shali, R., 2015. A Comprehensive Guide for SPSS Application in Survey Research (Quantitative Data Analysis). Loyeh Publication, Tehran, 862p (In Persian).
- Hemati, B. and Ajili, A., 2014. Analysis of role of drought on agricultural production and strategies to deal with it. The National Conference of Climate Change and Engineering of Sustainable Development of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Hamadan, 26 Jun. 2014: 18-26 (In Persian).
- Heydari, M., Pourbabaei, H., Salehi, A. and Esmaeilzadeh, O., 2013. Application of two-step clustering method for study the effect of forest protection management of Ilam oak forest on soil properties. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 21(2): 329-343.
- Imani Rastabi, M., Jalilvand, H. and Zandbasri, M., 2013. Study of social-economic problems of Saman Arafikalgachi Zagros forests in Chaharmahal & Bakhtiari. Journal of Natural Ecosystems of Iran, 5(2): 59-70 (In Persian).
- Javanmiripour, M., Jashni, J. and Etemad, V., 2011. Human disturbances, most important factor of threatening ecosystem and stable environment of Zagros forests (Case study: oak forests of Ghalaje area in Kermanshah province). Proceedings of the National Conference of Central Zagros Forests, Capabilities and Limitations. Lorestan, 23 Nov. 2011: 47-59 (In Persian).
- Kenny, A., 2008. Assessment of the social impacts of drought. Journal of American Water Resources Association, 37(3): 678-686.
- Mirzaei, M., 2014. Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA). http://www.isna.ir/news.
- Mirzaeizadeh, V., Niknejhad, M. and Mahdavi, A., 2014. Monitor and predict of oak trees using logistic regression model (Case study: Bioure forests in Malekshahi, Ilam). The First National Conference of Environment. Dehaghan, 22 May 2014: 26-35 (In Persian).
- Mohammadi Kangarani, H., Ghonchepour, D. and Holisaz, A., 2014. Analysis of hydrologic parameters and social relations network to recognize and solve the water conflicts (Case study: Homag-E Payin village, Hormozgan). Iran Water Resources Research, 10(2): 32-43 (In Persian).
- Piri, A., 2011. Dieback of oak trees. Technical Extension Report, Published by Integrate Management of Agricultural Extension of Ilam Province, Ilam, 56p (In Persian).
- Riahi, V. and Pashazadeh, A., 2013. Analyses on economic and social impacts of drought on rural areas of the Grammy city (Case study: village of Azadlu). Quarterly Journal of the Studies of Human Settlements Planning, 8(25): 17-37 (In Persian).
- Sagheb Talebi, Kh., Sajedi, T. and Pourhashemi, M., 2014. Forests of Iran: A Treasure from the Past, A Hope for the Future. Springer, Netherland, 152p.
- Saleh, I. and Mokhtari, D., 2007. Social and economic implications of drought on rural households in Sistan region. Iranian Agricultural Extension and Education Journal, 3(1): 99-114 (In Persian).
- Shamsodini, Sh., 2014. Analyses of economic and social consequences of drought the country. Proceedings of the Second National Conference on Water Crisis. Shahrekord, 9-10 Sep. 2014: 35-45 (In Persian).
- Soleimane Dehkordi, N., Rahimi, M., Izadi, R. and Bayat, Z., 2014. Analyses of the effect of climate change on drought (Case study: Sagzi plain). Proceedings of the Second National and Specialized Conference of Environmental Research of Iran. Hamedan, 4 Aug. 2014: 46-54 (In Persian).
- Vargas, R., Sonnentag, O., Abramowitz, G., Carrara, A., Chen, J. Ciais, P., Correia, A., Keenan, T., Kobayashi, H., Ourcival, J., Papale, D., Pearson, D., Pereira, J., Piao, S., Rambal, S. and Baldocchi, D., 2013. Drought influences the accuracy of simulated ecosystem fluxes: a model-data meta-analysis for Mediterranean oak woodlands. Ecosystems, 16: 749-764.
- Webb, N.P., Stokes, C.J. and Marshall, N.A., 2013. Integrating biophysical and socioeconomic evaluations to improve the efficacy of adaptation assessments for agriculture. Global Environmental Change, 23(5): 1164-1177.
- Young Woo, S., 2009. Forest decline of the world: a linkage with air pollution and global warming. African Journal of Biotechnology, 6(25):7409-7414.
- Zakeri, F., Hojati, S.M. and Kiadeleari, M., 2014. Analysis on the process of dryness and deterioration of Zagros forests. The Third International Conference of Planning and Management. Hamadan, 20 Feb. 2014: 27-36 (In Persian).