عنوان مقاله [English]
Appropriate management of forest requires indices that can provide adequate information about forest structure condition and its changes with the least cost and time. In this research, the effect of tree marking on natural stand structure was evaluated in Gorazbon district of Kheirud forest using indices ofspatial and non-spatial distribution. For this purpose, 682 structural groups (trees) were studied from the lower up to the upper boundary of compartment in two rectangular plots. The results showed that the changes of some indices, including mingling, Uniform Angle Index, DBH dominance, DBH differentiation, Pielou segregation, Clark and Evans aggregation, stem per hectare, basal area and diameter at breast height were not significant. Also, the paired t-test results showed non-significant differences for Uniform Angle Index and DBH dominance, whereas the Mingling and DBH differentiation indices showed significant differences, in the two studied sample plot before and after the tree marking. According to the results of this research, one can conclude that the applied indices are able to show the changes in the stand structure over different time studies and they are suitable for comparison of stands. These indices could be useful tools for forest management in close to nature silviculture.
-Aguirre, O., Hui, G., Gadow, K.V. and Jimenez, J., 2003. An analysis of forest structure using neighborhood-based variables. Forest Ecology and Management, 183(3): 137-145.
- Alijani, V. and Feghhi, J., 2012. Investigation on the elm (Ulmus glabra Hudson) spatial structure to applying for sustainable management (Case study: Gorazbon district, Kheiroudkenar forest). Journal of Environmental Studies, 37(60): 35-44 (In Persian).
- Alijani, V., Feghhi, J. and Marvie Mohadjer, M.R., 2012a. Investigation on the Beech and oak spatial structure in a mixed forest (Case study: Gorazbon district, Kheiroudkenar forest). Journal of Wood and Forest Science and Technology, 19(3): 175-188 (In Persian).
- Alijani, V., Feghhi, J., Zobeiri, M. and Marvie Mohadjer, M.R., 2012b. Quantifying the spatial structure in Hyrcanian submountain forest (Case study: Gorazbon district of Kheiroudkenar forest, Nowshahr, Iran). Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 65(1): 111-125 (In Persian).
-Alijani, V., Sagheb Talebi, Kh. and Akhavan, R., 2014.Quantifying structure of intact beech (Fagus orientalis Lipsky) stands at different development stages (Case study: Kelardasht area, Mazandaran). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 21(3): 397-410 (In Persian).
- Anonymous., 2010. Educational and Experimental Forest of Natural Resource Faculty (Kheyroudkenar Forest). University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 597p (In Persian).
- Batobeh, S., Akhavan, R., Pourhashemi, M. and Kiadaliri, H., 2013. Determination of the minimum level of distribution of spatial pattern of oak (Quercus brantii Lindl.) in less interference stand by K-Ripely function in Marivan forests. Journal of Wood and Forest Science and Technology, 66(1): 27-38 (In Persian).
- Corral, J., Wehenkel, C., Castelanos, A., Vargas, B. and Dieguez, U., 2010. A permutation test of spatial randomness: application to nearest neighbor indices in forest. Journal of Forest Research, 15(3): 218-225.
- Erfanifard, Y., Zare, L. and Feghhi, J., 2013. Application criteria nearest neighbor in the Persian oak (Quercus brantii var. persica) coppice Zagros forests. Iranian Journal of Applied Ecology, 2(5): 15-25 (In Persian).
- Fortin, M.J. and Dale, T., 2005. Spatial Analysis: A Guide for Ecologist. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 380p.
- Gadow, K.V., 2003. Waldstruktur und Wachstum.Universitatsdrucke Göttingen Press, Göttingen, 241p.
- Gadow, K.V., Zhang, C.Y., Wehenkel, C., Pommerening, A., Corral-Rivas, J., Korol, M., Myklush, S., Hui, G.Y., Kiviste, A. and Zhao, X.H., 2012. Forest structure and diversity: 29-83. In: Pukkala, T. and von Gadow, K. (Eds.). Continuous Cover Forestry. 2nd Edition, Springer, Dordrecht, 296p.
- Graz, P.F., 2004. The behavior of the species mingling index Msp in relation to species dominance and dispersion. European Journal of Forest Research, 123(1): 87-92.
- Habashi, H., Hoseini, J., Mohammadi, V. and Rahmani, R., 2006. Spatial pattern and structure of mixed beech forest in Shastkalateh. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 15(1): 55-64 (In Persian).
- Javanmiripour, M., Etemad, V. and Jourgholami, M., 2015. Tree marking principles in close to nature silviculture. Abstracts of the 6th International GIAN Conference. Qazvin, 12-16 Oct. 2015: 37-43.
- Kakavand, M., Marvie Mohadjer, M.R., Sagheb Talebi, Kh. and Sefidi, K., 2014. Structural diversity of mixed beech stands in the middle stage of succession (Case study: Gorazbon district, Kheyroud forest of Nowshahr). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 22(3): 411-422 (In Persian).
Kakavand, M., Marvie Mohadjer, M.R., Sagheb Talebi, Kh. and Sefidi, K., 2015. Composition and structure of forest stands in the middle phase succession in beech forests (Case study: Gorazbon district, Kheyroud Forest, Nowshahr). Journal of Forest and Wood Product, 68(1): 31-45 (In Persian).
- Kint, V., 2005. Structural development in ageing temperate Scots Pine stands. Forest Ecology and Management, 214(1-3): 237-250.
- Motz, K., Sterba, H. and Pommerening, A., 2010. Sampling measures of tree diversity. Forest Ecology and Management, 260(4): 1985-1996.
- Nouri, Z., 2013. Multi-purpose inventory methods based on ecological approach for beech forests of Iran (case study: Gorazbon district, Kheyroud forest). Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, 143p (In Persian).
- Nouri, Z., Zobeiri, M., Feghhi, J. and Marvie Mohadjer, M.R., 2015. Application criteria nearest neighbor in the study of virgin beech stand structure in Kheyroudkenar forest. Iranian Journal of Applied Ecology, 4(12): 11-21 (In Persian).
- Oliver, C.D. and Larson, B.C., 1996. Forest Stand Dynamics. John Wiley, New York, 520p.
- Pommerening, A., 2002. Approaches to quantifying forest structures. Forestry, 75(3): 305-324.
- Pommerening, A., 2006. Evaluating structural indices by reversing forest structural analysis. Forest Ecology and Management, 224(3): 266-277.
- Pourhashemi, M., Mansouri, F., Parhizkar, P., Panahi, P. and Hassani, M., 2014. Spatial pattern of sprout-clumps of Brant`s oak (Quercus brantii Lindl.) in utilized forest stands of Marivan. Journal of Plant Researches, 27(4): 534-543 (In Persian).
- Ruprecht, H., Dhar, A., Aigner, B., Oitzinger, G., Raphael, K. and Vacik, H., 2010. Structural diversity of English yew (Taxus baccata L.) populations. European Journal of Forest Research, 129(2): 189-198.
- Safari, A. and Sohrabi, H., 2014. Implementation of uniform angle index in determination of spatial pattern in a forest reserve of Hyrcanian zone. Journal of Forest Sustainable Development, 1(1): 45-56 (In Persian).
- Sagheb Talebi, Kh., Delfan Abazari, B. and Namiranian, M., 2003. Description of the decay stage in a natural oriental beech (Fagus orientalis Lipsky) forest in Iran, Preliminary results: 130-134. In: Hamor, F.D. and Commarmot, B. (Eds.). Natural Forests in the Temperate Zone of Europe, Values and Utilisation. Proceedings of IUFRO International Conference. Mukachevo, Ukraine, 13-17 Oct. 2003: 130-134.
- Sagheb-Talebi, Kh., Mataji, A. and Zahedi Amiri, Gh., 2004. Stand structure in pure and mixed oriental beech stands of Caspian forests. Proceedings of the 7th International Beech Symposium, IUFRO Research Group 1.10.00, Tehran, 10-20 May 2004, Tehran
-Wang, J., Sharma, B.D., Li, Y. and Miller, G.W., 2009. Modeling and validating spatial patterns of a 3D stand generator for central Appalachian hardwood forests. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 68(2): 141-149.