عنوان مقاله [English]
Agroforestry is one of the most important forms of utilization in Zagros forests. In the present study, Gandoman, Mirhesam, and Kokh-e Mamo allotments located in Armardeh region, in Baneh city of Kurdistan province, were selected. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) were applied to provide the policy and planning of forest functions and services. SWOT was performed in internal system (strengths and weaknesses) and external system (opportunities and threats). Statistical population included 12 individuals of local people and 18 individuals of experts. According to the results of SWOT and Space Matrix, the appropriate strategy (aggressive, competitive, defensive or conservative) was identified and determined for non-wood products. The results of agroforestry systems indicated that local communities emphasized on long time reliance on forest (the most important weakness) and lack of compatibility with formal management programs (the most important threat), while experts (non-local communities) emphasized on reduction of high forest reproduction (the most important weakness), and decrease of biodiversity (the most important threat). In addition, local communities stated that the most important strength and opportunity of agroforestry systems were acceptance of local communities and reduction of rural-urban migration, respectively. Based on all stakeholders’ opinions, conservative management strategy was proposed for agrosilviculture, silvopastoral and agrosilvopastoral. To practice conservative management strategy, the opportunities should be applied and the weaknesses should be vanished.
- Ataee Geygllo, A., 2007. Socio-economic assessment of agroforestry systems in Parsabad Moghan. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University, Sari, 87p (In Persian).
- Emadyan, S.F., 2004. Educational Pamphlet Assessment of Forestry. University of Mazandaran Press, Sari, 45p (In Persian).
- Fattahi, M., 1994. What is Ghazo?. Pajouhesh & Sazandgi, 6(22): 44-49 (In Persian).
- Fattahi, M., Ansari, N., Abbasi, H.R. and Khanhasani, M., 2000. Zagros Forests Management (Study area: Darbadam Forest, Kermanshah), Vol. 1. Published by Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 471p (In Persian).
- Fayzi, K. and Dosthosaini, M., 2013. Delphi Method to Study Decision-making and Futurology. Published by Industrial Management Institute, Tehran, 144p (In Persian).
- Fiagbomeh, R. and Bürger-Arndt, R., 2015. Prioritization of strategies for protected area management with local people using the hybrid SWOT-AHP analysis: the case of Kakum conservation area, Ghana. Management Science Letters, 5(5): 457-470.
- Ghazanfari, H., 2003. Study of growth and diameter distribution in order to preparing the forest regulation methods in Baneh region (case study of Havareh-khol). Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, 86p (In Persian).
- Haidari, M., 2015. A framework for sustainable forest utilization using ecosystem assessment method in Zagros forest (case study: Armardeh forest of Baneh). Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University, Sari, 204p (In Persian).
- Jianbo, L., 2006. Energy balance and economic benefits of two agroforestry systems in northern and southern China. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 116(3-4): 255-262 (In Persian).
- Kohli, R.K., Singh, H.P., Batish, D.R. and Jose, Sh., 2008. Ecological interactions in agroforestry: an overview: 3-14. In: Batish, D.R., Kohli, R.K., Jose, Sh. and Singh, H.P. (Eds.). Ecological Basis of Agroforestry. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, 400p.
- Mohandesi Namin, S., Yakhkashi, A., Fallah, A. and Matinkhah, S.H., 2009. Characterization of agroforestry and role in the economic development of Isfahan. Proceedings of the Eighth Congress of a Series of Regional Conferences of Islamic Republic of Iran's 1400. Sharekord, 20 Apr. 2009: 34-40 (In Persian).
- Parsaeyan, A. and Erabi, M., 2003. Strategic Management. Published by Pazhoheshhaye Farhangi, Tehran, 658p (In Persian).
- Salehi, F., 2011. Identification and classification of traditional agroforestry systems in Baneh region. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Kurdistan, Sanandaj, 96p (In Persian).
- Shamekhi, T., 2006. Agroforestry. University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 260p (In Persian).
- Stainback, G.A., Masozera, M., Mukuralinda, A. and Dwivedi, P., 2012. Smallholder agroforestry in Rwanda: a SWOT-AHP analysis. Small-Scale Forestry, 11(3): 285-300.
- Tolunay, A., Alkan, H., Korkmaz, M. and Filizbilgin, S., 2007. Classification of traditional agroforestry practices in Turkey. International Journal of Natural and Engineering Sciences, 1(3): 41-48.
- Valipour, A., Plieninger, T., Shakeri, Z., Ghazanfari, H., Namiranian, M. and Lexer, M., 2014. Traditional silvopastoral management and its effects on forest stand structure in northern Zagros, Iran. Forest Ecology and Management, 327: 221-230.