عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of present research was to investigate the effects of Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria on growth (height, collar diameter, dry weight of root and shoot, total dry biomass and quality index of seedling) and nutrient absorption (N, P, K, Fe and Zn) in leaf of common hazelnut (Corylus avellana L.) For this purpose, effects of three bacteria including Pseudomonas putida, Bacillus subtilis and Enterobacter cloacae, alone and together, for 7 months on filbert seedling in pots containing of autoclaved soil under nursery conditions were evaluated. The results showed that the greatest height (26.88 cm), collar diameter (7.17 mm), leaf area index (23.87 cm2/g) and N concentration (2.81%) were observed for seedlings inoculated with all bacterial. The biggest root dry weight, root volume, seedling quality index and P concentration were observed in seedlings inoculated with P. putida (alone). The highest Fe and Zn were obtained in seedlings inoculated with B. subtilis and P. putida, respectively. Generally, according to beneficial effects of Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria on absorption of nutrient elements and morphologic growth, P. putida, B. subtilis and E. cloacae are recommended for seedling inoculation, respectively. In fact, inoculation of root with Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria (root engineering) can be an appropriate approach to produce healthy and strong seedlings in nursery and increasing success of plantation in disturbed and degraded habitats.
- Ahemad, M. and Khan, M.S., 2010. Influence of selective herbicides on plant growth promoting traits of phosphate solubilizing Enterobacter asburiae strain PS2. Research Journal of Microbiology, 5: 849-857.
- Ahemad, M. and Khan, M.S., 2012. Effect of fungicides on plant growth promoting activities of phosphate solubilizing Pseudomonas putida isolated from mustard (Brassica compestris) rhizosphere. Chemosphere, 86: 945-950.
- Ahemad, M. and Kibret, M., 2014. Mechanisms and applications of plant growth promoting Rhizobacteria: Current perspective. Journal of King Saud University Science, 26: 1-20.
- Ahmadloo, F., Tabari, M., Yousefzadeh, H., Kooch, Y. and Rahmani, A., 2012. Effects of soil nutrient on seedling performance of Arizona cypress and medite cypress. Annals of Biological Research, 3(3): 1369-1380.
- Arias, D., Calvo-Alvarado, J. and Dohrenbusch, A., 2007. Calibration of LAI-2000 to estimate leaf area index (LAI) and assessment of its relationship with stand productivity in six native and introduced tree species in Costa Rica. Forest Ecology and Management, 247: 185-193.
- Bahmani, M., Jalali, G.A., Asgharzadeh, A. and Tabari, M., 2015. Efficiency of Pseudomonus putida 169 on improvement few growth characters of Calotropis procera seedling under drought stress. Soil Biology, 2(3): 107-116 (In Persian).
- Bombeli, J., Zuccherelli, G., Zuccherelli, S. and Capaccio, V., 2002. An investigation of vegetation types and plantation structural with hazelnut, oak, and beach in Italy. The Malaysian Forester, 66(1): 58-69.
- Close, D.C., Beadle, C.L. and Brown, P.H., 2005. The physiological basis of containerized tree seedling ‘transplant shock’: a review. Australian Forestry, 68(2): 112-120.
- Dickon, A., Leaf, A.L. and Hosner, J.F., 1960. Quality appraisal of white spruce and white pine seedling stock in nurseries. Forestry Chronicle, 36: 10-13.
- Emami, A., 1996. Description of Plant Analysis Method. Published by Soil and Water Institute, Tehran, 113p (In Persian).
- Erturk, Y., Ramasan, E., Omur, D. and Metin, T., 2011. Effects of plant growth promotion rhizobacteria on vegetative growth and leaf nutrient content of hazelnut seedling (Tomul and Sivri). International Journal of Soil Science, 42: 91-98.
- Esitken, A., Yildiz, H.E., Ercisli, S., Donmez, M.F., Turan, M. and Gunes, A., 2010. Effects of plant growth promoting bacteria (PGPB) on yield, growth and nutrient contents of organically grown strawberry. Scientia Horticulturae, 124: 62-66.
- Glick, B.R., 1995. The enhancement of plant growth by free-living bacteria. Canadian Journal of Microbiology, 41: 109-117.
- Gutierrez-Manero, F.J., Ramos-Solano, B., Probanza, A., Mehouachi, J., Tadeo, F.R. and Talon, M., 2001. The plant-growth promoting rhizobacteria Bacillus pumilus and Bacillus licheniformis produce high amounts of physiologically active gibberellins. Physiolology Plant, 111: 206-211.
- Hasani, G., Akhgar, A.A.R. and Tajabadpour, A., 2012. Effectiveness of IAA and ACC-Deaminaze producing Pseudomonas fluorescent on Growth of Pistachio seedling. Iranian Journal of Soil Research, 26(1): 89-97 (In Persian).
- Hojjat Noughi, F., Akhgar, A.R., Esfandiarpour, I. and Khavazi, K., 2013. Evaluation of population and properties of PGPB of Endorhizosphere, Rhizosphere and Nonrhizosphere in Pistachio seedlings. Iranian Journal of Soil and Water Sciences, 23(4): 215-234 (In Persian).
- Issac, R.A. and Johnson, W.C., 1975. Collaborative study of wet and dry techniques for the elemental analysis of plant tissue by atomic absorption spectrometer. Journal of the Association Official of Analytical Chemist, 58: 336-340.
- Jackson, M.L., 1967. Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 521p.
- Karakurt, H. and Aslantas, R., 2010. Effects of some plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) strains on plant growth and leaf nutrient content of apple. Fruit Ornamental Plant Resources, 18: 101-110.
- Karličid, V., Radid, D., Jovičid Petrovid, J., Golubovid-Durguz, V., Kikovid, D. and Raičevid, V., 2015. Inoculation of Robinia pseudoacacia L. and Pinus sylvestris L. seedlings with plant growth promoting bacteria causes increased growth in coal mine overburden. In: Ivetid, V. and Stankovid, D. (Eds.). Proceedings of International Conference on Reforestation Challenges. Belgrade, Serbia, Reforesta, 3-6 June. 2015: 42-49.
- Kumar, K.V., Behl, R.K. and Narula, N., 2010. Establishment of phosphate solubilizing strains of Azotobacter chroococcum in the rhizosphere and their effect on wheat cultivars under greenhouse conditions. Microbiol Resources, 156: 87-93.
- Kumar, K.V., Singh, N., Behl, H.M. and Srivastava, S., 2008. Influence of plant growth promoting bacteria and its mutant on heavy metal toxicity in Brassica juncea grown in fly ash amended soil. Chemosphere, 72: 678-683.
- Mafia, R.G., Alfenas, A.C., Ferreira, E.M., Henrique, D., Binoti, B., Mafia, G.M.V. and Moun-teer, A.H., 2009. Root colonization and interaction among growth promoting rhizobacteria isolates and eucalypts species. Revista Árvore, 33(1): 1-9.
- Moraghebi, F., 2000. Study on hazelnuts of Iran and introduction of Corylus maxima for Iranian flora by enzymatically and morphological survey. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 53: 2-6 (In Persian).
- Mozaffarian, V., 2011. Trees and Shrubs of Iran. Farhang-e Moaser Press, Tehran, 1054p (In Persian).
- Oliet, J.A, Planelles, R., Artero, F. and Jacobs, D., 2005. Nursery fertilization and tree shelters affect long-term field response of Acacia salicina Lindl. planted in Mediterranean semiarid conditions. Forest Ecology and Management, 215: 339-351.
- Peyvandi, M., Farahani, F., Hosseini Mazinani, M., Noormohamadi, Z., Ataii, S. and Asgharzade, S., 2010. Pseudomonas fluorescent and its ability to promote root formation of olive micro shoots. Plant Production, 4: 63-66 (In Persian).
- Rahmani, A., Khoshnevis, M. and Nourshad, M., 2006. Effects of different fertilizers on growth of Acer seedlings in two nurseries at Caspian region of Iran. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 19(4): 143-149 (In Persian).
- Rekha, P.D., Lai, W.A., Arun, A.B. and Young, C.C., 2007. Effect of free and encapsulated Pseudomonas putida CC-FR2-4 and Bacillus subtilis CC-pg104 on plant growth under gnotobiotic condition. Bioresource Technology, 98: 447-451.
- Rosas, S.B., Andrez, J.A., Rovera, M. and Correa, N.S., 2006. Phosphate-solubilizing Pseudomonas putida can influence the rhizobia-legume symbiosis. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 38: 3502-3505.
- Sabeti, H., 1994. Forests, Trees and Shrubs of Iran. Yazd University Press, Yazd, 810p (In Persian).
- South, D.B., Harrisa, S.W., Barnett, J.P., Hainds. M.J. and Gjerstad, D.H., 2005. Effect of container type and seedling size on survival and early height growth of Pinus palustris seedlings in Alabama, USA. Forest Ecology and Management, 204: 385-398.
- Spaepen, S., Vanderleyden, J. and Okon, Y., 2009. Plant growth promoting actions of rhizobacteria. Advances in Botanical Resource, 51: 283-320.
- Stepanova, A.N., Robertson-Hoyt, J., Yun, L.M., Benavente, D.Y., Xie, K., Dolezal, S., Jurgens, G. and Alonso, J.M., 2008. TAA1-mediated Auxin biosynthesis is essential for hormone crosstalk and plant development. Cell, 133: 177-191.
- Suliasih, S. and Widawaiti, R.I., 2005. Isolation and identification of phosphate solubilizing and nitrogen fixing bacteria from soil in Wamena Biological Garden, Jayawijaya, Papua. Biodiversitas, 6(5): 137-153.
- Teimouri, M., Korori, S.A.A., Khoshnevis, M., Matinizadeh, M. and Kalagari, M., 2007. Effect of phosphate solubilizing bacteria inoculation on maple (Acer velutinum) seedlings. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 15(1): 76-82 (In Persian).
- Wani, P.A., Khan, M.S. and Zaidi, A., 2007. Synergistic effects of the inoculation with nitrogen-fixing and phosphate-solubilizing rhizobacteria on the performance of field grown chickpea. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, 170: 283-287.
- Xie, H., Pasternak, J.J. and Glick, B.R., 2002. Isolation and characterization of mutants of the plant growth-promoting rhizobacterium Pseudomonas putida GR12-2 that over produce indoleacetic acid. Current Microbiology, 32: 67-71.
- Yang, J., Kloepper, J.W. and Ryu, C.M., 2009. Rhizosphere bacteria help plants tolerate abiotic stress. Trends Plant Science, 14: 1-4.
- Yang, Y., Liu, Q., Han, C., Qiao, Y.Z., Yao, X.Q. and Yin, H.J., 2007. Influence of water stress and low irradiance on morphological and physiological characteristics of Picea asperata seedlings. Photosynthetica, 45: 613-619.
- Yazdian, F. and Marvi Mohajer, M.R., 2001. A study of oak forest in Arasbaran region. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 54(2): 153-165 (In Persian).
- Zahir, Z.A., Abbas, S.A., Khalid, M. and Arshad, M., 2000. Substrate dependent microbial derived plant hormones for improving growth of maize seedlings. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 3: 289-291.