عنوان مقاله [English]
In Iran Zagros forests, forest dwellers on forest and forest products overdependence understanding of socio-economic issues in order to prevent and even reduce forest degradation is essential. The aim of this study was to investigate some forest dwellers livelihood dependence on forest resources in the northern part of city functions Kouhdasht is Namjoo watershed. For this purpose, the household data collection questionnaire and interview with the forest residents, Statistical Center of Iran, and the information contained in VA village and County of Kouhdasht were used. The results showed that local people's income is less than their cost. This caused the locals to cover their living costs to cultivate their unauthorized forest understory. This contribution is causing deforestation and degradation. The relationship between income and household expenses using the Pearson test showed that there are no significant correlation between them (R2 = 0.041; p = 0.784). Also, the results have proved that the relationship between the dependent and the income derived from forest are no significant (R2 = 0.327; p = 0.36).
- Amini, M., 2015. Pamphlets sustainable forest management and planning lessons. Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University, Sari, 14p (In Persian).
- Buntaine, M.T., Hamilton, S.E. and Millones, M., 2015. Titling community land to prevent deforestation: An evaluation of a best-case program in Morona-Santiago, Ecuador. Global Environmental Change, 33: 32-43.
- Ghazanfari, H., Namiranian, M., Sobhani, H. and Mohajer, M.R., 2004. Traditional forest management and its application to encourage public participation for sustainable forest management in the northern Zagros mountains of Kurdistan province, Iran. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 19(4): 65-71.
- Gilanipour, N., Adeli, K., Gilanipour, J. and Aria, H., 2011. Investigation of rural economic condition and assessment of their dependence to the forest (case study: Karchi village). Journal of Natural Ecosystems of Iran, 1(4): 48-54 (In Persian).
- Heydari, M., Khosrowpour, A. and Rezaie, D., 2011. Investigation of socio-economic condition of the people of Zagros forests and its effects on degradation of natural resources (case study: Shirvan Chardavol-Ilam). Proceedings of the Regional Conference of Forests and Environment, Guarantee Sustainable Development. Boushehr, 28 Apr. 2011: 7p (In Persian).
- Heydari, Z.N. and Amirnezhad, H., 2013. Examination of socio-economic status and importance of forest dwellers (case study: the area of thousands of acres of the city). Proceedings of the First National Conference on Medicinal Plants and Sustainable Agriculture. Hamedan, 25 Feb. 2013: 15p (In Persian).
- Hosseainpour, A., 2003. Study of socio-economic rural communities and its effects on forests. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Gorgan, 140p (In Persian).
- Ildarmi, A., Ghasemi, F. and Bahmani, N., 2015. The role of socio-economic factors in the destruction of ecosystems Zagros forests (The amount suspended Lorestan). Journal of Research in the Protection and Conservation of Forests and Rangelands, 13(2): 145-155 (In Persian).
- Imani, R.M., Jalilvand, H. and Zandbasiri, M., 2013. Examination of socio-economic local system Kalgchy Zagrosin Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari. Journal of Natural Ecosystems of Iran, 4(2): 59-70 (In Persian).
- Jamshidi, A. and Amini, A.M., 2013. Evaluation of factors affecting the degradation of rangelands to natural resource management experts in Ilam province. Journal of Conservation and Exploitation of Natural Resources, 1(4): 91-105 (In Persian).
- Jazirei, M.J. and Ebrahimi Rostaghi, M., 2003. Zagros Silvicalture. University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 560p (In Persian).
- Khosravi, Sh., Maleknia, R. and Khedrizadeh, M., 2014. Economic role of forests in rural livelihoods in northern Zagros. Journal of Forest Sustainable Development, 1(3): 251-268 (In Persian).
- Liu, J., Zhang, R. and Zhang, Q., 2012. Traditional forest knowledge of the Yi people confronting policy reform and social changes in Yunnan province of China. Forest Policy and Economics, 16: 1-9.
- Mirakzadeh, A., Bahrami, M. and Ghiasvand Ghiasi, F., 2011. Analysis of effective factors on use sustainable of forest wood (case study: Dejen village-Kamiaran). Journal of Iranian Natural Resources, 64(1): 391-404 (In Persian).
- Mirzaei, J., 2012. The causes of forest degradation and the solution strategies to deal with them. Proceedings of the First National Conference of Strategies to Obtain of Sustainable Development. Tehran, 6-7 March 2012: 8p (In Persian).
- Porro, R., Lopez-Feldman, A. and Vela-Alvarado, J.W., 2015. Forest use and agriculture in Ucayali, Peru: Livelihood strategies, poverty and wealth in an Amazon frontier. Forest Policy and Economics, 51: 47-56.
- Pourhashemi, M., Zandebasiri, M. and Panahi, P., 2014. Structural charactristics of oak coppice stands of Marivan Forests. Journal of Plant Researches (Iranian Journal of Biology), 27(5): 766-776 (In Persian).
- Pyhälä, A., Brown, K. and Adger, W.N., 2006. Implications of livelihood dependence on nontimber products in Peruvian Amazonia. Ecosystems, 9(8): 1328-1341.
- Richard, A.G., Mafuru, C.S., Paul, M., Kayombo, C.J., Kashindye, A.M., Chirenje, L.I. and Musamba, E.B., 2011. Human activities influencing deforestation on meru catchment forest Reserve, Tanzania. Journal of Human Ecology, 33(1): 17-20.
- Soltani, A., Sankhayan, P.L. and Hofstad, O., 2014. A dynamic bio-economic model for community management of goat and oak forests in Zagros, Iran. Ecological Economics, 106: 174-185.
- Valipour, A., Ghazanfari, H. and Plininger, T., 2014. The role of traditional forest management on local livelihoods in Northern Zagros oak forests of Iran, Sustaining Forests, Sustaining People. Proceedings of the World Congress on Sustaining Forests, Sustaining People. USA, 5-11 Oct. 2014:18 p.
- Zandebasiri, M. and Ghazanfari, H., 2010. The most important development outcomes and factors affecting the management of local people Zagros forests (case study: castles basin flowers Lorestan province). Iranian Journal of Forest, 2(2): 127-138 (In Persian).
- Zenteno, M., Zuidema, P.A., de Jong, W. and Boot, R.G.A., 2013. Livelihood strategies and forest dependence: new insights from Bolivian forest communities. Forest Policy and Economics, 26: 12-21.