عنوان مقاله [English]
The determination of effective parameters on survival, growth and vitality of Haloxylon shrubs is essential for sustainable management of Haloxylon plantations of desert areas. This research aimed to investigate of soil surface height pruning effect on ecological situation of Haloxylon plantations in Hares Abad region of Sabzevar. Six sample plots (20 m × 20 m) were chosen systematic-randomly in two fields (control field and pruned field). In each plot, height, crown diameter, number of secondary branches separated from collar and vitality of Haloxylon shrubs and also number, height and crown diameter of auxiliary regenerated species were measured. The results indicated that annual increment of height and crown diameter and number of secondary branches separated from collar in pruned shrubs were significantly greater than control shrubs. Number of trees in hectare and number of auxiliary regenerated species was also higher in pruned field than control but without significant difference. Furthermore, questionnaires were filled out by regain residents for assessment of environmental impacts of these Haloxylon plantations. The results of this opinion poll showed that Haloxylon plantations have had positive effects for residents of Hares Abad region.
- Albert, T., Karp, K., Starast, M. and Paal, T., 2010. The effect of mulching and pruning on the vegetative growth and yield of the half-hight blueberry. Agronomy Research, 8(1): 759-769.
- Alizadeh, M., 1981. Preliminary report of top pruning program of Saxual in Sabzehvar. Published by Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 25p (In Persian).
- Amani, M. and Parvizi, A., 1996. Saxaul Silviculture. Published by Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 118p (In Persian).
- Anonymous, 1989. Reforestation Standards. Published by Alabama Forestry Commission, Montgomery, 27p.
- Arabzadeh, N., Khavarinejad, R.A., Emadian, S.F. and Heydari Sharifabad, H., 2009. The growth and vigority of the hand-planted Haloxylon trees in Kerman, Iran.Asian Journal of Plant Sciences,8(7): 474-482.
- Baghestani Maybodi, N., 1996. The effect of pruning on growth and development of Seidlitzia Rosmarinus and the best usage of its annual production. Published by Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 48p (In Persian).
- Baghestani Maybodi, N. and Rahbar, A., 2009. The effects of density and pruning levels on old saxaul life period and vigority of planted forests in Yazd province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 16(3): 419-430 (In Persian).
- Baghestani Maybodi, N., Rahbar, E., Shamszadeh, M. and Rahbar, A., 2004. Investigation on the effects of several pruning methods on the growth and vulgarity of old Saxual man-made forests in Yazd province. Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 46p (In Persian).
- Baghestani Maybodi, N., Zandi Esfahan, E. and Taghi Zare, M., 2015. Effects of pruning on Haloxylon aphyllum L. dimensions and its application in biological reclamation of desert regions in Yazd province. Journal of Rangeland Science, 5(2): 151-163 (In Persian).
- Baghestani Maybodi, N., Zare, M.T. and Abolghasemi, M., 2008a. Changes on canopy cover width and height of Haloxylon aphyllum L. species stimulated by pruning, in one of the afforested areas of Yazd province. Iranian Journal of Range Desert Research, 14(4): 478-489 (In Persian).
- Baghestani Maybodi, N., Zare, M.T. and Karimi, A.A., 2008b. Effects of top working and shoot thinning on dimension of old Saxaul afforestation in Yazd province. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 13(3): 657-667 (In Persian).
- Baghestani Maybodi, N., Zare, M.T. and Shamszadeh, M., 2006. The effects of plant spacing and previous silvicultural operations on old Saxaul forage quality of planted forests in Yazd province. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 73: 84-89 (In Persian).
- Elfadi, M. and Luukkanen, O., 2003. Effect of pruning on Prosopis juliflora, consideration for tropical dryland agroforestry. Journal of Arid Environments, 63(4): 441-455.
- Farzaneh, H., Korori, S., Jalili, A., Matinizadeh, M. and Teimouri, M., 2007. A studing of mycorrhizal symbiosis of in the made forests Haloxylon spp. of Sabzevar. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 76: 113-121 (In Persian).
- Ferydoony Nasry, M., Rahbar, E. and Karimy, O., 2007. Growth of Haloxylon sp. plantation, ten years after thinning in Gonabad. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 13(4): 385-393 (In Persian).
- Jariani, M. and Nateghi, D., 2003. How to know Saxual better Pek-e-Sabz Newsletter. Published by Forests, Range and Watershed Management Organization, Especial Issue on World Day of Desertification, pp: 51-54. (In Persian)
- Kebin, Z., 1989. The growth of man-made forest of Haloxylon ammodendron and their soil water contents in the Minqin desert region, Gansu province, China. Journal of Arid Environments, 17: 108-115.
- Perry, S. and Gardener, M., 2008. Pruning flowering shrubs. Colorado State University Extension, Garden Notes No. 619, Larimer County, 6p.
- Rahbar, E., 1988. Interrelationships of some soil physical properties population density and precipitation on vigority of Haloxylonsp. Published by Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 72p (In Persian).
- Sellmer, J.C., Cotrone, V.J., McGann, M. and Nuss, J.R., 2004. Pruning Ornamental Plants. Published by Pennsylvania State University, Extension Bulletin, No. AGRS-95, Pennsylvania, 28p.
- Zarehzadeh, A., Rahbar, E. and Abolghasemi, M., 2002. Optimizing Saxual forests intensity in the afforested desert areas of Yazd province. Final Report of Research Plain, Published by Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 134p (In Persian).