عنوان مقاله [English]
In this study, some forest biometric parameters were studied to evaluate the decline severity in Tang-e Solak forest area in Kohgiluyeh and Boyerahmad province. Hundred plots of one hectare each were used. The Fierke method was used to evaluate the decline severity. In this method, crown condition classes (CCC) and Basal Emergence hole Classes (BEC) are divided into 6 groups. Finally Rapid Estimation Index (REI) was calculated by aggregating CCC and BEC. REI was then classified into tree classes for determining the dieback severity. The result of this study showed that 88% of broad-leaved trees are in weak severity, while only 12% include medium severity of decline.
- Biroudian, N., 2006. Disaster Management and the Principles of Security. University of Ferdowsi Press, Mashhad, 214p (In Persian).
- Catton, H.A., George, S.S. and Remphrey, W.R., 2007. An evaluation of Bur oak (Quercus macrocarpa) decline in the urban forest of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Arboriculture and Urban Forestry, 33(1): 22-30.
- Drobyshev, I., Linderson, H. and Sonesson, K., 2007. Temporal mortality pattern of pedunculate oaks in Southern Sweden. Dendrochronologia, 24: 97-108.
- Elliott, K.J. and Swank, W.T., 1994. Impacts of drought on tree mortality and growth in a mixed hardwood forest. Journal of Vegetation Science, 5: 229-236.
- Eskandari, N., Alizadeh, A. and Mahdavi, F., 2009. Pasture Management Policies in Iran. Published by Forest, Rabgeland and Watershed Organization, Tehran, 190p (In Persian).
- Fan, Zh., Fan, X., Crosby, M.K., Moser, W.K., He, H., Spetich, M.A. and Shifley, S.R., 2012. Spatio-temporal trends of oak decline and mortality under periodic regional drought in the Ozark highlands of Arkansas and Missouri. Forests, 3: 614-631.
- Fierke, M.K., Kelley, M.B. and Stephen, F.M., 2007. Site and stand variables influencing red oak borer, Enaphalodes rufulus (Coleoptera: Ceramby cidae), population densities and tree mortality. Forest Ecology and Management, 247(1-3): 227-236.
- Hamzehpour, M., Kiadaliri H. and Bordbar, K., 2102. A preliminary study of mortality phenomenon in Quercus brantii in Dashtebarm, Kazeroun. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 2(19): 352-363 (In Persian).
- Hanula, J.L., Horn, S. and Brien, J.J.O., 2015. Have changing forests conditions contributed to pollinator decline in the southeastern United States? Forest Ecology and Management, 348: 142-152.
- Hoseini, A., 2012. The study of amount declined trees and site circumstances in Quercus brantii forests in Ilam province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Range Protection Research, 9(1): 53-66 (In Persian).
- Hoseini, A., 2015. The impact on the tree and forest stand characteristics on the amount of crown mortality in central Zagros forests. Journal of Zagros Forests Researches, 1: 37-48 (In Persian).
- Hoseini, A., Hoseini, M., Rahmani, A. and Azadfar, D., 2013. The effect of tree morality on Oak forest structure in Ilam province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(4): 565-577 (In Persian).
- Hoseini, A., Hoseini, M., Rahmani, A. and Azadfar, D., 2014. Compare the characteristics of competitive environments in of healthy stand and declined stand. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 21(4): 606-616 (In Persian).
- Hoseinzadeh, J., Azami, A. and Mohammadpour, M., 2015. Study of the topography with Oak decline in Melah-siah forests in Ilam province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 23(1): 190-197 (In Persian).
- Hoseinzadeh, J. and Pourhashemi, M., 2015. The study of crown indicators in Quercus brantii tress in relationship with mortality phenomenon in Ilam forests. Iranian Journal of Forest, 7(1): 57-66 (In Persian).
- Linares, J., Taigui, L. and Canarero, J.J., 2011. Increasing drought sensitivity and decline of Atlas Cedar (Cedrus atlantica) in the morocean middle Atlas forests. Forests, 2: 777-796.
- Mahdavi, A., Mirzaee, J. and Karami, O., 2015. Condition of declined trees in Zagros forests (Case study: Boureh local area in Ilam province). Journal of Sustainable Forest Development, 1(4): 329-340 (In Persian).
- Negahdarsaber, M. and Abbasi, A., 2013. The study of some quantity characteristics in pistachio forests in Fars province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(3): 420-428 (In Persian).
- Penuelas, J., Ogaya, R., Boada, M. and Yump, A.S., 2007. Migration, invasion and decline: Changes in recruitment and forest structure in warming linked shift of European beech forest in Catalonia. Ecography, 30: 829-837.
- Pourhashemi, M. and Panahi, P., 2010. Sprouting in coppice forests. Journal of Forest and Rangeland, 88: 24-29 (In Persian).
- Pourhashemi, M., Zandebasiri, M. and Panahi, P., 2015. Structural characteristics of oak coppice stands of Marivan forests. Journal of Plant Researches (Iranian Journal of Biology), 27(5): 766-776 (In Persian).
- Wang, W., Peng, Ch., Kneeshaw, D.D., Larocque G.R. and Luo, Zh., 2012. Drought induced tree mortality ecological consequences, causes and modeling. Environment Review, 20: 109-121.
- Zandebasiri, M. and Parvin, T., 2012. Investigation on importance of Near-East process criteria and indicators on sustainable management of Zagros forests (Case study: Tange-Solak watershed of Kohkilouye and Boyerahmad province). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(2): 204-216 (In Persian).