عنوان مقاله [English]
Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) are soil microorganisms that play an important role in ecosystem processes. They are able to increase the water uptake and mineral nutrients to the plant roots, and thus improve establishment, growth and survival of plants. Here, the effect of mycorrhizal fungi (Glomus intraradices, G. mosseae and G. hoi) on growth parameters of seedlings of mahaleb cherry (Cerasus mahaleb (L.) Mill.) under greenhouse condition were investigated.. To produce the Cerasus mahaleb seedlings, seeds of native trees were collected in Chahar Tagh- Ardal, Chaharmahall and Bakhtiari province. After one growth season, mycorrhizal and control seedlings were evaluated. Results of measurements on root colonization showed that fungal can establish well symbiosis with Cerasus mahaleb seedlings.. The results also revealed that mycorrhizal fungi significantly influenced all parameters except the length of main root and plant development, while G. hoi did not significantly affect the growth parameters and established a weakk symbiosis. Overall, using of G. intraradices and G. mosseae were assessed to be positive here, therefore it can bee applied as an appropriate way to increase the seedling growth and establishment in Cerasus mahaleb, particularly in the degraded areas of Zagros forests.
- Abbaspour, H., Saeidi-Sar, S., Afshari, H. and Abdel-Wahhab, M.A., 2012. Tolerance of mycorrhiza infected Pistachio (Pistacia vera L.) seedling to drought stress under glasshouse conditions. Journal of Plant Physiology, 169: 704-709.
- Alikhani, H., and Ghorchiani, M., 2013. Mycorrhizae: Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry (translation). Jahad-e Daneshgahi, Tehran, 374p (In Persian).
- Amaya-Carpio, L., Fox Davies, F.T. and He, C.T., 2009. Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and organic fertilizer influence photosynthesis, root phosphate activity, nutrition and growth of Ipomea carnea sp. fistulosa. Photosynthetica, 47(1): 1-10.
- Arora, D.K., Mukerji, K.G. and Rai, B., 1991. Hand Book of Applied Mycology: Soil and Plant. Marcel Dekker Inc. Press, New York, 256p.
- Augé, R.M., Moore, J.L., Stutz, J.C., Sylvia, D.M., Al-Agely, A.K. and Saxton, A.M., 2003. Relation foliar dehydration tolerance of mycorrhizal Phaselus vulgaris to soil and root colonization by hyphae. Journal of Plant Physiology, 160: 1147-56.
- Brundrett, M., Bougher, N., Dell, B., Grove, T. and Malajczuk, N., 1995. Working with Mycorrhizas in Forestry and Agriculture. Published by Australian Center for International Agricultural Research, Canberra, Australia, 374p.
- Camargo-Ricalde, S.L., Montano, N.M., Reyes-Jaramillo, I., Jimenez-Gonzalez, C. and Dhillion, S.S., 2010. Effect of mycorrhizae on seedlings of six endemic Mimosa L. species (Leguminosae-Mimosoideae) from the semi-arid Tehuacan-Cuicatlan Valley, Mexico. Trees, 24: 67-78.
- Clark, R.B. and Zeto, S.K., 1996. Mineral acquisition by mycorrhizal maize grown on acid and alkaline soil. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 28: 1495-1503.
- Degens, B.P., Sparling, G.P. and Abbott, L.K., 1994. The contribution from hyphae, roots and to the aggregation of a sandy loam under long-term clover based and grass pastures, European organic carbon constituents. Soil Science, 45: 459-468.
- Dietz, K.J. and Foyer, C., 1986. The relationship between phosphate and photosynthesis in leaves: Reversibility of the effects of phosphate deficiency on photosynthesis. Planta, 167: 376-81.
- Gerdemann, J.W. and Nicolson, T.H., 1963. Spores of mycorrhizal Endogone species extracted from soil by wet sieving and decanting. Transactions of the British Mycological Society, 46, 235-244.
- Khalvati, M.A., Mozafar, A. and Schmidhalter, U., 2005. Quantification of water uptake by arbuscular-mycorrhizal hyphae and its signification for leaf growth, water relations and gas exchange of barley subjected to drought stress. Plant Biology, 7(6): 706-712.
- Klironomos, J.N., 2003. Variation in plant response to native and exotic arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Ecology, 84: 2292-2301.
- Liu, A., Wang, B. and Hamel, C., 2004. Arbuscular mycorrhiza colonization and development at suboptimal root zone temperature. Mycorrhiza, 14: 93-101.
- Mendoza, J.Y. and Borie, F., 1998. The effect of Glomus etunicatum inoculation on aluminum, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium uptake in two barley genotypes with different aluminum tolerance. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 29: 681-695.
- Miransari, M., 2010. Contribution of arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis to plant growth under different types of soil stress. Plant Biology, 12: 563-569.
- Mirzaei, J., Akbarinia, M., Mohamadi Goltapeh, E., Sharifi, M. and Rezaei Danesh, Y., 2011. Effect of arbuscular mycorrhizae fungi on morphological and physiological characteristics of Pistacia khinjuk under drought stress. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 19(2): 291-300 (In Persian).
- Philips, J.M. and Hayman, J.M., 1970. Improved procedures for clearing roots by staining parasitic and vesicular mycorrhizal fungi for rapid assessment of infection. British Mycologocal Society, 55: 158-160.
- Roldán, A., Díaz-Vivancos, P., Hernández, J.A., Carrasco, L. and Caravaca, F., 2008. Superoxide dismutase and total peroxidase activities in relation to drought recovery performance of mycorrhizal shrub seedlings grown in an amended semiarid soil. Journal of Plant Physiology, 165: 715-722.
- Ryan, M.H. and Ash, J.E., 1996. Colonization of wheat in southern New South Wales by vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi is significantly reduced by drought. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture, 36(5): 563-569.
- Smith, S.E. and Read, D.J., 2008. Mycorrhizal Symbiosis. Academic Press, London, 605p.
- Williams, A., Norton, D.A. and Ridgway, H.J., 2012. Different arbuscular mycorrhizal inoculants affect the growth and survival of Podocarpus cunninghamii restoration plantings in the Mackenzie Basin, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Botany, 50(4): 473-479.
- Wu, Q.S., He, X.H., Zou, Y.N., Liu, C.Y., Xia, O.J. and Li, Y., 2012. Arbuscular mycorrhizas alter root system architecture of Citrus tangerine through regulating metabolism of endogenous polyamines. Plant Growth Regulation, 68: 27-35.
- Wu, Q.S. and Zou, Y.N., 2010. Citrus mycorrhizal responses to abiotic stresses and polyamines. Advances in Plant Physiology, 12: 31-56.
- Yang, Y., Chen, Y., Cai, B., Jie, W., and Lv, D., 2013. The arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiotic status of Populus euphratica, a drought resistant tree species from arid lands. Ecohydrology, 6(6): 1001-1008.
- Zanganeh, H., 1999. Report of existence Cerasus mahaleb (L.) Mill. in Kermanshah province forests. Published by Forests, Range and Watershed Management Organization, Tehran, 13p (In Persian).
- Zhu, Y.G. and Miller, R.M., 2003. Carbon cycling by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in soil-plant systems. Trends in Plant Science, 8(9): 407-509.