عنوان مقاله [English]
In traditional poplar farming, predicting growth rates in different stands is required to evaluate poplar wood production. Six white poplar (Populus alba L.) stands in river bank of Zayandehrood River in Isfahan province were selected for the present study. Attributes including tree diameter, height, diameter and volume growth rates were measured and calculated. The raw data were subjected to analysis of variance (ANOVA), and the means were separated by Duncan methods. The ANOVA results showed that the effect of P. alba stands on height, diameter, mean growth and the basal area were highly significant (P<0.01). In addition, significant effect was observed for the yield per ha timber volume (P<0.05). The 4th stand showed the greatest diameter, height and basal area, whereas the 6th stand revealed the highest timber volume per ha. Results also showed that the annual growth rates in difference stands ranged from 16.53 to 47.25 m3 per ha, which was affected by both stands and plant densities. This maximum timber production was reached at the maximum plant density. The study concluded that an adequate plant density and proper stand management are crucially effective on quality and quantity of poplar timber production.
- Alba, N., 2000. Standardized list of descriptors for inventories of Pinus nigra stands: 15-25. In: Borelli, S., De Vries, S., Lefevre, F. and Turok, J. (Eds.). Populus nigra Network, Report of the Sixth Meeting (6-8 Feb. 2000, France). Published by International Plant Genetic Resources Institute, Rome, Italy, 58p.
- Alimohammadi, A., 2008.Evaluation of genetic variation of Populus nigra using morphological and molecular markers. Ph.D thesis, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran, 151p (In Persian).
- Aminpour, T., Hedayati, M.A. and Aghazamani, J., 2004. National Project for the Production Wood of Planting Fast-growing Trees. Published by Forests and Rangelands Organization, Tehran, 44p (In Persian).
- Bagheri, R., Namiranian, M., Zobeiri, M. and Modirrahmati, A.R., 2002. The study of quantity and quality for Zanjan-Rood native populars. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 9: 1-36 (In Persian).
- Daneshvar, H. and Modirrahmati, A.R., 2008. A study on phenology and morphology of 12 clones Populus alba in Esfahan province. Proceedings of the Second National Congress on Poplar and Potential Use in Poplar Plantation. Tehran, 5-7 May 2008: 360-368 (In Persian).
- Ghasemi, R., 2002. Poplar Clones Adaptation in Karaj. Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institue of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 65p (In Persian).
- Hemmati, A. and Modirrahmati, A.R., 2002. Results of Adaptation Trial for High Yielding Poplar Clones in Kermanshah Gharb Paper Industries. Published by Research Institue of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 160p (In Persian).
- Imbert, E. and Lefevre, F., 2003. Dispersal and gene flow of Populus nigra (Salicaceae) along adynamic river system. Journal of Ecology, 91(3): 447-456.
- Jalilvand, H., 2002. Comparison of average annual growth of Populus alba and Acer velutinum in Khushamyan of Chalus. Proceedings of the National Conference on Management of North of Forests and Sustainable Development. Ramsar, 6-7 Sep. 2002: 33-34 (In Persian).
- Khanjani Shiraz, B., Hemmati, A., Pourtahmasi, K. and Sardabi, H., 2014. Growth comparison of different poplar clones, planted on lowhands of west Guilan. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 21(3): 557-572 (In Persian).
- Kohan, S., 1999. Growth and production of poplar I- 214 intensively bred in special cultures on non-flooded alluvial of the Danub. Zpravy-Lesnickeho-Vyzkumu, 44(1): 27-30.
- Lotfian, H., Ziaii Ziabari, S.F., Modirrahmati, A.R., Ghaicy, S. and Hammati, A., 1984. A Simplify Guide for Research Method in Populus Species in Iran. Published by Research Institue of Forests and Rangelands, 37p (In Persian).
- Mohammadi Limaei, S., Bahramabadi, Z., Rostami Shahraje, T., Adibnejad, M. and Mousavi Koupar, S.A., 2013. Determination of economically optimal rotation age (Populus deltoids) in Guilan province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 21(1): 63-75(In Persian).
- Parsapour, M.K., Sohrabi, H., Soltani, A. and Iranmanesh, Y., 2013. Allometric equations for estimating biomass in four poplar species at Charmahal and Bakhtiari province. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 21(3): 517-528(In Persian).
- Riemenschneider, D.E., Berguson, W.E., Dickmann, D.I., Hall, R.B., Isebrands J.G., Mohn, C.A., Stanosz, G.R. and Tuskan, G.A., 2001. Poplar breeding and testing strategies in the north-central U.S.: Demonstration of potential yield and consideration of future research needs. The Forestry Chronicle, 77(2): 245-253.
- Rowland, D.L., Biagini, B. and Evans, A.S., 2000. Variability among five riparian cottonwood (Populus fremontii Wats.) populations: Anexamination of size, density, and spatial distribution. Western North American Naturalist, 60(4): 384-393.
- Salari, A., 1997. Study on Trial Poplar Adaptation in Orumiye Climate. Final Report of Research Project, Published by Research Institue of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 56p (In Persian).
- Soheili Esfahani, S., Fallah, A., Pourmajidian, M.R. and Hesami, S.M., 2008. The study of growth characteristies of Lombardy & Commonz (Shirazi) Poplars species in manually planted stacks in west of Esfahan province. Proceedings of the Second National Congress on Poplar and Potential Use in Poplar Plantation. Tehran, 5-7 May. 2008: 459-472 (In Persian).
- Solgi, S., 2010. Evaluation and comparison of Poplar optimal plantation density in Guilan province. Proceedings of the First National Conference of Natural Resources in Iran. Sanandaj, 20-21 Oct. 2010: pp. 31 (In Persian).
- Tabatabayi, M., 1984. Populus and its application in industry. Congress on Poplar Potential. Tehran, 8-10 Dec. 1984: 133-140 (In Persian).
- Zobeiri, M., 1994. Forest Inventory (Measurement of Tree and Stand). University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 401p (In Persian).