عنوان مقاله [English]
The cappadocian maple (Acer cappadocicum Gled.) is one the important maple species and native to the northern forests of Iran. The aim of this study was to investigate some habitat characteristics and quality of A. cappadocicum in the forests of south Sari in Mazandaran province. To this aim, parts of forests with high a presence of this species were selected and 93 sample plots of 0.1 ha each were established with selective sampling method in different physiographic conditions (elevation, slope gradient and aspect). Geographical conditions of each plot as well as the quantitative and qualitative traits of maple trees were recorded. To survey soil properties, 20 soil samples were also randomly collected. The results showed that the number of maple trees varied between 1 to 29 in each sample plot. Moreover, the Physiographic factors significantly affected the distribution of maple trees, and the highest abundance was observed between 21% to 40% slopes, Eastern aspect and altitudes ranging between 1501 to 1700 meters above sea level. On the contrary, the lowest number of erect maple trees was observed on 1 to 20% slope, East aspect and between 1701 to 1900 meters altitude, whereas vertical maple trees were mostly observed in 81 to 150% slopes, western aspect as well as 1901 to 2100 m above sea level. The maple trees were mostly abundant in loamy soils, but the thickest and highest individuals occurred on clay soils.
- Alavi, G., Zahedi-Amiri, Gh., Marvie Mohadjer, M.R. and Nori, Zh., 2007. Investigation on spatial distribution (Ulmus glabra) in relation to physiographic factors in forest Kheyroudkenar Nowshahr training. Ecology, 33(43): 93-100 (In Persian).
- Babakhanjani-Shiraz, B., Sagheb Talebi, Kh. and Hemmati, A., 2012. Ecological and silvicultural characteristics of wild cherry (Cerasus avium L.) in Guilan province. Iranian Journal of Forest, 4(4): 365-376 (In Persian).
- Ebrahimi, A., Sagheb-Talebi, Kh. and Gorji Bahri, Y., 2004. Survey site demands of (Petrocarya fraxinifolia) in Vaz research forest. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 12(4): 481-508 (In Persian).
- Espahbodi, K., Amani, M., Mohammadnejad Kiasari, Sh., Zare, H., Jafari Gorzin, B., Chabok, A. and Ehteshamadeh, M., 2007. Distribution of wild service tree based on some ecological factors in Sangdeh forests, north of Iran. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 15(3): 207-216 (In Persian).
- Espahbodi, K., Mohammadnejad Kiasari, Sh., Khorankeh, S. and Mostafanejad, S.R., 2012. Investigation on distribution and some silvicultural characteristics of wild service tree (Sorbus torminalis) in Sangdeh forest. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 20(1): 11-24 (In Persian).
- Garkoti, S.C. and Singh, S.P., 1995. Variation in net primary productivity and biomass of forests in the high mountains of Central Himalaya. Journal of Vegetation Science, 6(1): 23-28.
- Jalali, S.G., Ersali Haji Agha, B., Pourmajidian, M.R. and Hoseini, S.M., 2003. The effects of changes in elevation and soil natural regeneration and other quantitative and qualitative characteristics of oak tree in the forest of Gland Nowshahr. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 16(1): 89-96 (In Persian).
- Marvie Mohadjer, M.R., 2005. Silviculture. University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 387p (In Persian).
- Mitchell, A.F. and Wilkinson, J. 1982. The Trees of Britain and Northern Europe (Collins handguides). Viking Press, New York, 96p.
- Mozaffarian, V., 2011. Trees and Shrubs of Iran. Farhang Mo`aser Publication, Tehran, 1054p (In Persian).
- Ramezani, E., 1999. Investigation on some ecological traits of maple (Acer cappadocicum Gled.) in forests of west Caspian region. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources and Marine Science, Tarbiat Modarres University, Noor, 169p (In Persian).
- Sabeti, H., 1994. Forests, Trees and Shrubs of Iran. Yazd University Press, Yazd, 810p (In Persian).
- Sadati, S.E., Emadiyan, F., Jalilvand, H., Mokhtari, J. and Tabari, M., 2007. The impact of some factors on distribution of (Tilia platyphyllos) in Vaz Mazandaran forest. Science and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources Journal, 3(41): 443-451 (In Persian).
- Sadati, S.E. and Mostafanejad, S.R., 2009. Qualitative and quantitative investigation on plantations of lime tree (Tilia platyphyllos) and Cappadocian maple (Acer cappadocicum) in Chamestan region, northern Iran. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 16(3): 408-418 (In Persian).
- Shabani, H., 2015. Investigation on some of the site properties and silvicultural of (Acer cappadocicum Gled.) in the forests of Sangdeh, Mazandaran province. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Yasouj University, Yasouj, 98p (In Persian).
- Shahriyari, G., Zarin Kafsh, M., Kialashki, A. and Babaei Kafaki, S., 2007. Ecological investigation (relation between tree and soil) of three natural sites of Wild Cherry in the forests of northern Iran. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 31(2): 367-384 (In Persian).
- Zobeiri, M., 2002. Forest Biometry. University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 389p (In Persian).