عنوان مقاله [English]
Different physiographic conditions and soil properties have resulted in the establishment of different plant communities in central Zagros forests. This study aimed to differentiate these plant communities by means of detecting the species similarity and relations between understory plant vegetation, physiographic conditions and soil properties. Sampling was conducted using 21 modified multiscale Whittaker plots that were randomly distributed amongst the vegetation types. In each plot, species name and canopy cover as well as physiographic data were recorded for each individual tree, and soil specimens were sampled. The relationships between understory vegetation and environmental variables were investigated by means of two way indicator species analysis (TWINSPAN) classification method as well as two ordination approaches, including detrended correspondence analysis (DCA) and canonical correspondence analysis (CCA). The results of ANOVA, ordination, and classification in segregation of vegetation types showed that the distribution of vegetation types, species and also ecological species groups in central Zagros is affected by altitude, slope, geographical aspects, and the amount of soil organic C and N. Moreover, the results of vegetation classification segregated local vegetation into three ecological groups, including 12 indicator species. These results were in line with the ordination results. This study showed a high resemblance between the results of vegetation classification and ordination in accordance to the extent of study area (landscape scale) and random selection of sampling units at the physiognomic types and the ecotones.
Abrari Vajari, K. and Veis Karami, Gh.H., 2005. Floristic study of Hashtad-Pahlu region in Khorramabad (Lorestan). Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 67(2): 58-64 (In Persian).
- An, S.Q., Liu, Z.L., Hong, B.G. and Zhao, R.L., 1997. Effects of soil factors on species diversity in secondary forest communities. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 17(1): 45-50.
- Baruch. Z., 2005. Vegetation-environment relationships and classification of the seasonal savannas in Venezuela. Flora, 200(1): 49-64.
- Breuer, L., Huisman, J.A., Keller, T. and Frede, H.G., 2006. Impact of a conversion from cropland tograssland on C and N storage and related properties: analysis of a 60 year chronosequence. Geoderma, 133: 6-18.
- Chang, C.R., Lee, P.F., Bai, M.L. and Lin, T.T., 2004. Predicting the geographical distribution of plant communities in complex terrain-a case study in Fushian experimental forest northeastern Taiwan. Journal of Ecography, 27: 577-588.
- Charles, T., Garten, J.R. and Hanson, P.J., 2006. Measured forest soil C stocks and estimated turnover times along an elevation gradient. Geoderma, 136: 342-352.
- Cimalova, S. and Lososova, Z., 2009. Arable weed vegetation of the northeastern part of the Czech Republic: effects of environmental factors on species composition. Plant Ecology, 203(1): 45-57.
- Ediriweera, S., Singhakumara, B.M.P. and Ashton, M.S., 2008. Variation in canopy structure, light and soil nutrition across elevation of a Sri Lankan tropical rain forest. Forest Ecology and Management, 256(6): 1339-1349.
- Eshaghi Rad, J., Zahedi Amiri, Gh., Marvi Mohajer, M.R. and Mataji, A., 2009.Relationship between vegetation and physical and chemical properties of soil in Fagetum communities (Case study: Kheiroudkenar forest). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 17(2): 174-187 (In Persian).
- Fisher, M.A. and Fuel, P.Z., 2004. Changes in forest vegetation and arbuscular mycorrhizae along a steep elevation gradient in Arizona. Forest Ecology and Management, 200: 293-311.
- Jalilvand, H., Tamartash, R. and Heydarpour, H., 2007. Grazing impact on vegetation and some soil chemical properties in Kojour Rangelands, Noushahr, Iran. Journal of Rangeland, 1: 53-66 (In Persian).
- Jiang, Y., Kang, M.Y., Zhu, Y. and Xu, G.C., 2007. Plant biodiversity patterns on Helan Mountain, China. Acta Oecologica, 32: 125-133.
- Leps, J. and Smilauer, P., 2003. Multivariate Analysis of Ecological Data using CANOCO. Cambridge University Press, UK, 267p.
- Mahmoodi, Sh. and Hakimian, M., 2001. Fundamentals of Soil Science (translation). University of Tehran Press, Tehran, 720p (In Persian).
- Melero, S., Madejon, E., Ruiz, J.C. and Herencia, J.F., 2007. Chemical and biochemical properties of a clay soil under dry land agriculture system as affected by organic fertilization. European Journal of Agronomy, 26(3): 327-334.
- Mohammadi Samani, K., Jalilvand, H., Salehi, A., Shahbazi, M. and Gelij, M., 2006. A study of the relationship between soil chemical properties and several tree species in Marivan, Zagros: A case study. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 14(2): 148-158 (In Persian).
- Pilehvar, B., Veiskarami, G., Abkenar, K.T. and Soosani, J., 2010. Relative contribution of vegetation types to regional biodiversity in Central Zagross forests of Iran. Biodiversity and Conservation, 19(12): 3361-3374.
- Pinke, G., Pal, R. and Botta-Dukat, Z., 2010. Effect of environmental factors on weed species composition of cereal and stubble fields in western Hungary. Journal of Biologie, 5(2): 283-292.
- Potter, K.N., Daniel, J.A., Altom, W. and Torbert, H.A., 2001. Stocking rate effect on soil carbon and nitrogen in degraded soils. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 56(3): 233-236.
- Ritter, E., Vesterdal, L. and Gundersen, P., 2003. Change in soil properties after afforestation of former intensively managed soils with oak and Norway spruce. Plant and Soil, 249(2): 319-330.
- Sabeti, H., 1994. Forests, Trees and Shrubs of Iran. Second edition, University of Yazd Press, Yazd, 876p (In Persian).
- Shahbazi, F. and Malekian, A., 2013. Soils Genesis and Classification. Payame Noor University Press, Tehran, 253p (In Persian).
- Smith, J.L., Halvorson, J.J. and Bolton, Jr.H., 2002. Soil properties and microbial activity across a 500 elevation gradient in a semi-arid environment. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 34(11): 1749-1757.
- Solon, J., Marek, D. and Ewa, R., 2007. Vegetation response to a topographical-soil gradient. Catena, 71(2): 309-320.
- Stohlgren, T.J., 2007. Measuring Plant Diversity. Oxford University Press, UK, 337p.
- Su, W., Yi Min, N., Xiao Jie, H. and Xicagang, Z., 2004. Study on spatial variability of soil nutrients in Beima town of Shandong Province by using Kriging method. Journal of Anhui Agriculture University, 31(1): 76-81.
- Taheri Abkenar, K. and Pilehvar, B., 2008. Silviculture. Haghshenas Publication, Rasht, 296p (In Persian).
- Tahmasebi, P., 2011. Ordination: Multivariate Analysis of Ecological Data. Shahrekord University Press, Shahrekord, 196p (In Persian).
- Yimer, F., Ledin, S. and Abdelkadir, A., 2006. Soil property variations in relation to topographic aspect and vegetation community in the south-eastern highlands of Ethiopia. Journal of Forest Ecology and Management, 232: 90-99.
- Zare Chahouki, M.A., Khalasi Ahvazi, L. and Azarnivand, H., 2010. Environmental factors affecting distribution of vegetation communities in Iranian rangelands. Vegetos, 23(2): 1-15 (In Persian).